It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
(female)

Withered HB User
Scary Test Results

I was dx with Sjogrens almost 2 years ago. I started with what I thought was UTI 3-4 weeks ago...treated and still not better. Started peeing blood, dr thought kidney stone. Had CT scan and Xray...told I have 8mm stone, scheduled me for lithotripsy tomorrow to break it up so it would pass.

CT findings show messenteric lymph nodes, abnormal in number, normal in size...a few borderline prominent retroperitioneal nodes, a few peripancreatic lymph nodes, and hazy central adbominal mesentery with mesenteric lymph nodes. Pathologist reading this doesn't know I have Sjogrens, lab findings said it could be reactive, but would follow up with repeat studies in 3 months.

If Sjogrens's patients have a 44 times greater risk of lymphoma, should I wait 3 months to follow up? I will talk to my dr tomorrow, these lab tests came copied to me in my e-mail so I'm a little shook up. Any advise from all of you who have been on this path??? Thanks for any info or recommendations....

The following user gives a hug of support to Withered:
zip452 (04-13-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User
Re: Scary Test Results

I think that I would ask for follow up sooner - perhaps they can use ultrasound or biopsy a node sooner. Good luck, I really hope it is reactive and not lymphoma.

The Following User Says Thank You to zip452 For This Useful Post:
Withered (04-13-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply