It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
(male)

sha13 HB User
Concerned/Confused

I recently went to the ER with a painful cellulites infection on my nose. Due to the location and severity I was admitted and put on an anti biotic IV. They performed a CT scan and noticed the lymph nodes in my neck were rather large even with the infection. So they ordered a full body CT. That CT revealed enlarged lymph nodes in chest and abdomen also. There was also some fibrosis in my lungs. An Oncologist came into my room saying they wanted to biopsy the node in my neck. But after 5 days the lymph node seemed to go down so I was discharged with no biopsy. But they scheduled an appointment with Oncology for me in a week, this really concerns me. I also have to get more CTs done and see the pulmonary doctor in a month. So I guess my question is should I be more concerned about the possibility of lymphoma or pulmonary fibrosis. The doctors threw so much at me in the hospital its hard to put it all together. I am a 33 healthy (so I thought) male. The doctors mentioned lymphoma, sarciodosis or just crazy reaction to my infection.

The following user gives a hug of support to sha13:
Withered (04-01-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
(female)

Beehappee HB User
Re: Concerned/Confused

I don't know about pulminary fibrosis, but, my Dad just had his lymph nodes biopsied last Thursday. His nodes were enlarged. He had nights sweats and pain inside the shoulder area that kept him from sleeping well at all. They started chemo on him last Monday, April 1st. They have told him this is very treatable and his chances of living 10 more years is very high. He is 85! For a young person such as you, if you have lymphoma and they get it early, you will have many many years! Sounds as if it's caught very early! My Dad's was way advanced. He has tumors in his chest too that they cannot reach for biopsy. They are giving him chemo for 6 sessions, about 3 weeks apart. So, make sure you go to your appts and have the tests done. They can save your life if you have lymphoma. Good luck. HOpe this has helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
(male)

sha13 HB User

I also wanted to add that for a few years now I every once in awhile I get severe neck;shoulder pain that can last up to two weeks. Been to the doctor several times for it and they just say it's a muscle spasm. Could this have something to do with what is going on now?

Old 05-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
(male)

sha13 HB User

So I had my follow up CT scan. The results were not exactly what i wanted. The lymph nodes in my neck went down, but the ones in my lungs/chest stayed enlarged. So my pulmonologist had my do a PET scan the next day and I have a bronchoscopy to biopsy node and lung tisssue on Thursday. He said he is leaning towards Sarcoidosis but hasn't ruled out Lymphoma. I won't know any results until the following Wed. This sucks, the waiting. Have any of you had a similar situation, where they were suspecting Sarcoidosis and it did in fact prove to be Lymphoma?

Old 05-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
(female)

eddarun HB User

Hi Shamankl, what were the results of your biopsy? hope it went well

Old 05-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
(male)

sha13 HB User

Thanks for the concern. The results were sarcoidosis...

Reply Reply

Tags
lung problems, lymphoma, sarcoidosis