It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
(female)

ckenmama HB User
Possibly Lymphoma or Thyroid Cancer

Hello,

Last year I found out the my spleen was enlarged, but they could not find a reason. On May 23rd, while having a different sonogram, they found out that I had nodules on my thyroid. During a more detailed sonogram on my thyroid it showed that my lymph nodes were enlarged also. I have not been sick lately. All blood work come back normal except for my B12 and Vit D. I had a CT scan with contract June 14th and will have a FNA on the largest nodule on June 25th. Was also wondering why they are only doing the one asperation and not any of the others? Below is my sonogram results. Was wondering if anyone else had the same issues. When I research all three it points to thyroid cancer or lymphoma. I have had itchy skin and night sweats.

A complex mass is seen involving the superior pole of the right lobe measuring 4cm in greatest dimension. This contains areas of cystic change. Hypoechoic mass is seen involving inferior pole of the right lobe measuring 16mm. No microcalcifications are appreciated. Three nodules are seen on the left. In the midportion a 13mm solid nodule is seen. In the inferior pole a 3mm cyst is seen. Also in the inferior pole a 6mm hypoechoic solid nodule is seen. Regional cervical lymph nodes are seen bilaterally with the largest measuring 2.3cm on the right and 1.9am on the left. The right lobe of the thyroid measures 6.8x3x3.4cm and the left lobe of the thyroid measures 3.7x1.5x1.5cm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
(female)

ckenmama HB User
Re: Possibly Lymphoma or Thyroid Cancer

Well I received the results of my CT scan and it shows multiple enlarged lymph nodes. So I have been referred to a hematolotist for further evaluations. I wonder if he would do the thyroid biopsy also or if I still have to have the other dr do that one?

Old 02-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
(male)

jowo70 HB User
Re: Possibly Lymphoma or Thyroid Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenmama View Post
Well I received the results of my CT scan and it shows multiple enlarged lymph nodes. So I have been referred to a hematolotist for further evaluations. I wonder if he would do the thyroid biopsy also or if I still have to have the other dr do that one?
What happened to your case? Any updates on this?

Jowo

Reply Reply