It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lymphomas Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
(female)

Ali8181 HB User
Sweating At Night

Hello, I hope this is okay to ask, I apologise if it isn't. I've just been panicking over the possibilty my night sweats are due to Hypoglycemia, or Lymphoma or NHL, and I'm curious to know what some peoples experiences with night sweats were?

- How bad are these night sweats?
- Where do you sweat most, body-wise?
- Is there a specific time the sweats hit?
- Are there any other symptoms associated with them during it?
- Do they happen during the day as well?
- Do they smell?

I'm so sorry for asking, but I can't seem to find straight answers anywhere.
Thank you lots.

My Story:

From about 4 or so months, I've been noticing I sweat at night. The sweat usually wakes me up around 4:30 in the morning...it dries off, and I fall back asleep. Occasionally, it reawakens me at 6 for the second time.
The sweating varies. Usually its just a dampness on my shirt, under my arms, where my arms lie against my body, my neck, chest crevice...if its one of the worse sweats, I wake up to feel a trickle or two on my back, and in between the thighs. I sleep on my sides always, curled up, chin tucked in.

Like, last night, with the help of my alarm clock, I did a little test to see when the crap all starts. At 2:47am, I woke to find myself already feeling on the sweaty side. Heart rate was faster than normal. Uncovered face, chest/collarbone area was cool to the touch, but thighs/bellty were warm. Idid some deep breathing, heart rate normalised, and I fell asleep. I woke up again around 4:30am, and found myself damp again. My neck area, chest, underarms, small of back.

At the start of 2011 (caught thanks to being in the wind while wet one day), I had a flu/bronchitis virus, which lasted a good couple of months before it cleared up. And at the start of last year, January, I had a milder version of the same flu which lasted a month. Since then - that was last February - I've had no colds, flus, sore throats etc. Only my usual asthma-like allergies, which have considerably improved this year and aren't as bad as what they used to be.
My menstruation cycle has been regular ever since it began age 13...give or take 3 days. No cramps, pain or problems there at alll.
Ugh :/

The Sweats:
I've noticed the sweats gets particularly worse when I'm stressed, angry, anxious. And I'm not sure, but it also seems me eating sugar makes them worse...inconclusive on that one though. Sometimes I dream very vividly too during those major sweats.

The sweat doesn't smell like normal underarm sweat during the day. It usually doesn't have a odor, unless its a bigger sweat, and then there's this very light squished ants-like smell.

I have done a blood sugar Ketostix test on me several times, and its come back normal. No high sugar.

Other symptoms...

- A sweet sort of taste in my mouth from time to time
- Allergies from about 2/3 years. Tickle in throat, phlegm, breathless.Only 2 flus during that time.Recently getting better thanks to vitamin d, zinc, apples and apple juice etc.
- There have been episodes I've woken up severely spinning, weak in the legs, lightheaded, shaky. About once or twice a year.
- IBS when stressed for past 7 years or so.
- Grumpy, irritated mood when hungry around 2 or 3pm, then again around 7 if we have a late dinner.
- Sometimes briefly lightheaded on bending forward/lying down
- Tired physically occasionally, more mentally drained
- Skin break outs after sweat, chest, back mostly. This isn't always present though, and i get this after certain foods too. Either tiny pus-y pimples or cherry red angioma type things. These are not itchy.
- No weight loss at all

I'm 32yrs old, female, a little bit on the round side, could lose 5kilos.

These sweats are starting to worry and annoy me.
I'm waiting to see my GP, but would really like peoples opinions here too. Your experiences. Big thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
sweating