It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Symptoms of menopause

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2017, 05:54 AM   #1
Slinky123
(female)

Slinky123 HB User
Symptoms of menopause

I'm new to this board . Here are my symptoms I have had so far--allergies worse , weird headaches , sore muscles , tingling hands and feet, back pain , nose bleed, low grade fever , rapid heart beat, anxiety, ringing ears, stomach upset , heartburn , feeling as though food stuck in throat , light headed, off balance , hot flashes, night sweats , weak, extreme fatigue , trouble remembering things , tight feeling in face, dry lips , eye irritation , uti, breast lump, bp up and down , weird pains in head , losing muscle tone , ect . I'm sure I'm forgetting some . I don't have them all the time . This is what I've had since Jan 2016. Anyone else have these or more ?....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2017, 06:31 AM   #2
Jerseygirl921
(female)

Jerseygirl921 HB User
Re: Symptoms of menopause

Hi Slinky123,
You are not alone ! I've had some of the same things you have had, plus hot flashes that have me running for the thermometer thinking I have a fever, which I don't, crying, crying and more crying, hair thinning and loss, mood swings, anxiety thru the roof, major health anxiety (having experienced cancer already doesn't help), breast tenderness (can occur at any point during the month), urinary "issues", light spotting at mid-cycle and after intercourse, nausea, acid reflux, menstrual cramps at strange times/after period is over, throat tightness, weird aches and pains, feeling like my life is falling apart, just not feeling myself. Like you these things come and go. I'll be 43 this fall. I started noticing changes around 40. I'm having a devil of a time with it.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:37 AM   #3
Slinky123
(female)

Slinky123 HB User

Yes you sound like me... sleeping is hard too. I really don't want to do hrt but I may have to

Old 01-06-2017, 07:34 AM   #4
Wendy792
(female)

Wendy792 HB User

This is fun, isn't it?!! Lol! I'm glad you mentioned that "food stuck in your throat". I have that too but didn't realize it might be part of this ride we at all on.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #5
Jerseygirl921
(female)

Jerseygirl921 HB User

Its crazy. Definitely not for the faint of heart. My latest development is sciatic pain (on and off) and rectal pain and pressure (bowel movements are normal, not hard, no bleeding). It helps to read these boards and know others have experienced some of the same things.

Last edited by Jerseygirl921; 01-06-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:03 AM   #6
ShawnaTx
(female)

ShawnaTx HB User

I am so glad I have found this forum. I have had SERIOUS issues lately. Mostly thinking I am going insane, palpitations, night sweats, then freezing, chills, mood swings and the irate mood of feeling like I am going to explode! I can be fine one minute, then feel like absolute crap. Short of breath, start freaking out, then the anxiety of that just cycles, then chest pain, then more anxiety. Last night I finally had to take a small dose of Xanax to relax enough to go to sleep. I have never had a hard time waking up in the mornings, now all I want to do is sleep. All day, all night, any time. I am 45, will be 46 in August, in my mind I feel like I am not old enough for this, but apparently the age is right on track. Please tell me I am not losing my mind and this is all normal?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:14 AM   #7
Jerseygirl921
(female)

Jerseygirl921 HB User

Hi ShawnaTx,
It sounds normal to me. I'll be 43 this fall and I'm having a devil of a time with peri. Too many things to list here but look up my posts thru my user name Jerseygirl921 and see if you experience any of the same things. This board is a great resource. As I read the posts, makes me feel like I'm not alone !

Old 01-18-2017, 07:19 AM   #8
ShawnaTx
(female)

ShawnaTx HB User

Thank you so much! That has been a big thing for me, feeling alone. I did go to my obgyn, and she checked my testosterone, and recommended cream or pellets. Well after research I decided to skip those, too many side affects and I don't feel like I need to take things that far yet, or that it would help with all of my symptoms. She was checking for lack of energy.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
Jerseygirl921
(female)

Jerseygirl921 HB User

Sometimes just reading that someone else had experienced something similar or the same to something I feel helps me. Being a two time cancer survivor any little pain or ache sends me into a spiral thinking that something really bad is wrong. My moms a nurse who's in meno already so she helps me out. But its hard. I pray a lot, read devotionals, etc. cry a lot too ...

Old 01-19-2017, 05:45 AM   #10
Wendy792
(female)

Wendy792 HB User

It's is so helpful to know I am not alone. There are some days I feel like I'm going crazy. Like just yesterday, I asked the girl at the Saladworks for extra nuts and she said (rudely) that there will be an upcharge for the nuts. I burst into tears. Over nuts. Lol! She must of thought I was nuts. Lol! The physical symptoms are tough too. But I find they come and go for me thankfully. I have a good few days and the a bad few days. My GYN tells me that's normal and in time the good days will out number the bad. I'm only 44 and haven't had a period since June. So I'm 6 months away from being in full blown menopause. Crazy!

Old 01-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #11
ShawnaTx
(female)

ShawnaTx HB User

Just wanted to follow up with my post from yesterday. I just had my period on December 31, 2016, now I have it again! So for some it is not coming at all, and for me it has changed to about every 2 or 3 weeks. Thankfully, I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow, I am the type person I want to be told I am Peri or approaching menopause, then I can at least have an answer and not feel like a freak or hypochondriac!

Old 01-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #12
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If you are a candidate for it, be sure to ask her about birth control to help with the symptoms.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:50 PM   #13
ShawnaTx
(female)

ShawnaTx HB User

[QUOTE=Titchou;5446997]If you are a candidate for it, be sure to ask her about birth control to help with the symptoms.[/QUOTE
So they will do that even if I already have the Mirena iud? I know it doesn't release the amount of hormones bcp. I'd be willing to try anything.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:40 AM   #14
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You would have to ask if you could keep that or have to have it removed.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:58 PM   #15
susanb3
(female)

susanb3 HB User

I am 48.
Here are my symptoms:
Pounding heart rate (periodically for no reason) with normal heart rate
Insomnia
Nervousness
Anxiety
Breast tenderness
Muscular skeletal chest cavity pain (last 3 years)
Skipped heart beats (been on toporol fl for them for 5 years)
Warm wave surge in my chest lasting 10 or 15 seconds
Night sweats
Irritable
Depressed (at times)
Irregular period such as every 28 days then skip a month then 21 days then 40 days then 20 then skip a month, etc. very weird!

Reply Reply