It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2003, 08:07 AM   #1

djsrey HB User
Question perimenopause-nausea/extreme hunger?

Is it normal to have extreme hunger pangs/nausea with perimenopause? Eating does not really help the hunger feeling. I have been in peri for 5 years and this is the first time I've had this one.
My period is very late (not unusual), actually I'm wondering if I am finally in menopause and no more periods. I really have no signs of it coming. I thought I
ovulated, but I could be wrong.
Has anyone else had this nausea? Also, everything I eat is tasting funny, including water. I even took an ept, unlikely as that would be, but negative.
So it's got to be menopause related, but am I the only one with this weird symptom?

Old 11-08-2003, 09:13 PM   #2

SDube HB User
I have felt nausea (m)

I used to get what I called PMS pigout, the closer I got to my period the more I craved and ate. Now, I mostly feel nauseous and gag at the slightest smell until I get my period. Then I have extreme hunger during my period and for the next two weeks before I ovulate, which is the exact opposite to what I am used to. The fact that everything tastes funny to you is a little weird though. I'd get that checked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsrey
Is it normal to have extreme hunger pangs/nausea with perimenopause? Eating does not really help the hunger feeling. I have been in peri for 5 years and this is the first time I've had this one.
My period is very late (not unusual), actually I'm wondering if I am finally in menopause and no more periods. I really have no signs of it coming. I thought I
ovulated, but I could be wrong.
Has anyone else had this nausea? Also, everything I eat is tasting funny, including water. I even took an ept, unlikely as that would be, but negative.
So it's got to be menopause related, but am I the only one with this weird symptom?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2003, 08:15 AM   #3

djsrey HB User
Maybe that's it-my period is still coming

and I'm just getting the nausea/hunger because of that. I could be just imagining the funny taste, though. It's lessened now, anyway.
I'm beginning to think my period just isn't coming this time, tho. I'm wondering
if my estrogen is so low now that I have no lining anymore-I haven't got night
sweats/breast soreness/anxiety for a few months. Maybe I'm finally getting over
perimenopause and into a more comfortable stage! yeah!

Closed Thread