It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2003, 08:01 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

windymoon HB User
Red Streaks on my right breast

I am down right concern about my right breast, it has felt heavy for a couple of weeks now, strange feeling>>like it don't even belong to me. Even painful! Tonight while getting in the shower I notice some red streaks, about 10 marks on the right side. It look like a cat has scratch me, very bright red. I wondering if they are stretch marks, my right breast is the larger one and I have notice my breasts getting smaller and sagging more. I luck out since tomorrow I have a appointment for my yearly pap. I did another breast exam tonight and don't feel any lumps or etc. Have anyone had anything like this? There are no marks on my left breast.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:29 AM   #2
(female)

bmd HB User
Re: Red Streaks on my right breast

hopefully, you were able to find out what is going on with your breast having red streaks. Symptoms such are red, swollen, itching, feels warm, etc. can be very serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2004, 01:53 PM   #3

Svikki HB User

bmd what do you mean by quite serious? I have hot flashes. They have seemed to be replaced with hot rashes and sometimes I have red streaks also on my breasts but also under my arms and on my legs. I thought maybe I am having some type of winter itchy skin thingy. I get one little bit hot and break out in a rash. help

Old 01-11-2004, 02:50 PM   #4
(female)

bmd HB User

you might want to see your medical professional and tell them all of your symptoms & let them tell you what's going on.

Old 01-13-2004, 08:23 PM   #5

Svikki HB User

bmd you make this sound like something that I really need to be scared about. My husband has a broken neck. there is no insurance. I will have to wait to get into a doctor.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:29 AM   #6
(female)

bmd HB User

I'm sorry about your husband and will add him to our prayer list.

In relationship to your situation, I really do NOT want to scare you and I am NOT in the medical field.

I encourage you to call your local county health care office within the next few days and get it checked into. If ya'll don't have one, keep talking to people (call Women's Center) until you get the medical appointment/care you need.

Old 01-16-2004, 09:39 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svikki
bmd what do you mean by quite serious? I have hot flashes. They have seemed to be replaced with hot rashes and sometimes I have red streaks also on my breasts but also under my arms and on my legs. I thought maybe I am having some type of winter itchy skin thingy. I get one little bit hot and break out in a rash. help

Svikki,

Your symptoms sound to me like they could just be related to the hot flashes. Since the red streaks are on both breasts, under arms and on your legs, it does sound like heat rash. A trip to the doctor would be best though to set your mind at ease.

But windymoon's symptoms just being on one breast sound worrisome. There is a type of breast cancer that is a cancer of the lymph nodes of the breast skin, and it is very serious indeed. Of course, it could also be some other problem. I hope windymoon got to the doctor and everything turned out fine for her.

Last edited by oceandreams; 01-16-2004 at 09:43 PM.

Old 01-17-2004, 07:21 AM   #8

Svikki HB User

Thank you Oceandreams. I am going to get into the doctors next week. I have gone two days without any problems. I am thinking that it might have something to do with the fireplace also as we have not used it for a few days. Some pine trees and I don't get along and I have started thinking this could be what it is.

Old 01-18-2004, 01:50 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

windymoon HB User

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back. My Doctor could not find anything wrong and even order a mammogram, I was due for it anyway. She thought maybe I had scratch myself in my sleep. I do wake some nights itching like crazing so it seems possible. Plus my breast's hurt like crazy, she told me that was a sure sign it was hormones related. The heavy feeling is gone TG. She said one can swell and the other one don't. Anyway I tried a few things but so far have found no relief from my symptoms. Big time sleep problem and night sweats> I can't wait until this is over!

Old 01-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User

windymoon, I'm so glad to hear it was nothing serious.

One time I was having a burning sensation in my left breast, and started reading everything I could find. That's when I came across the rare type of breast cancer I mentioned earlier. I was so afraid I had that, but it turned out to just be heartburn! Pretty crazy.

Old 01-19-2004, 06:57 AM   #11
(female)

bmd HB User

Inflammatory breast cancer is one type of cancer that has different symptoms from other types of breast cancer. Some doctors don't know all about it & it is a very serious. So I'm very relieved that you got things checked out. Great!

Closed Thread