It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2004, 04:38 AM   #1

bobana10 HB User
Thumbs up Natural progesterone cream

I bought some natural progesterone cream, 4 days ago. I have never felt better. I've also been using the flaxseed (ground & oil), don't know if the flaxseed has helped but let me tell you the cream has made a difference in how I was feeling. Not only do I feel mentally better in just 4 days but my family noted on how my attitude has changed. The doc prescribed progesterone several years ago (pill style ) and I felt no change in fact I felt worse. Thanks to all your opinions, and reading the right material doing a little research life is beginning to look worth living . Today is the first ride of the year will be taking an over 300 mile motorcycle trip with hubby and friends and I'm actually looking forward to it, thanks to this board.Have a great day ladies, Dana

Old 03-29-2004, 03:06 PM   #2

google2007 HB User
Re: Natural progesterone cream

I have tried the progesterone cream in the past, but it irritated my skin. Made a dr visit today for having 3 periods this month: so not many days without bleeding. I had one ovary removed 2 year ago and believe I could be going thru early menopasue. They gave me provera 10mg to take 10 days a month. Ever had any experience with provera? Any input would be completely appreciated>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobana10
I bought some natural progesterone cream, 4 days ago. I have never felt better. I've also been using the flaxseed (ground & oil), don't know if the flaxseed has helped but let me tell you the cream has made a difference in how I was feeling. Not only do I feel mentally better in just 4 days but my family noted on how my attitude has changed. The doc prescribed progesterone several years ago (pill style ) and I felt no change in fact I felt worse. Thanks to all your opinions, and reading the right material doing a little research life is beginning to look worth living . Today is the first ride of the year will be taking an over 300 mile motorcycle trip with hubby and friends and I'm actually looking forward to it, thanks to this board.Have a great day ladies, Dana

Hi. I was recently using the progesterone creme (Natragest) for about 2 years and it helped alot with night sweats, PMS, Perimenopause, etc. It even helped with palpitations. Last month was my last month using it, wasn't sure if it was making things worse all of sudden. Came down with anxiety attacks, palpitations, thyroid problems etc. I'm just wondering if you know if it's okay to use it with thyroid inbalances such as hyperthyroidism. And how often do you use it. I was using it after ovulation, if I ovulated and then used it until I got my period. I'm 45.

Old 03-29-2004, 03:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Just wondering how many times out of the month you are using the progesterone creme. I seemed to have posted accidently on your post. I'm 45 and seem to be going through alot of anxiety, taking pinches of Xanax and having burning hot feeling along with pain in my stomach. My doctors are testing my thyroid, say it's normal but my total T4 came back abnormally high, not too high, but high. Waiting for other results to come back which I won't have until Friday. I use to take the progesterone creme for two years and decided to not use it last month. Thought it was making my hormones worse when in actuality, I guess it wasn't. I used the Progesterone creme for two years and I was doing really well on it. I wonder if stopping it, it caused me to be worse. Anyone have any answers here or will the progesterone creme have any affect on subclinical hyperthyroidism or a high T4?

Old 03-30-2004, 05:36 AM   #5

bobana10 HB User

Dear google and ainfante,
I am just learning all there is to know about perimenopause and menopause. I was prescribed a synthetic progesterone pill 2 years ago, to prevent the growth of uterine cancer, I felt terrible when I took the pill, so I quit taking it . It didn't stop my double periods, or skipped periods, infact it didn't stop any of the symptoms that I was experiencing. My OB/GYN had no answer's neither did several of the Doctors that I saw for the past 8 years. They all said basically the same thing, "loose weight you'll feel like a new woman",I always left the doc's office just as confused and worried as before I went in . However thank God for my daughter who showed me this site, not only has it been a answer to my prayers but everyone has been so helpful in posting on here, I no longer feel alone in faze of my life. It was suggested to read a book by Ann Lousie Gittleman, "Before The Change", I am amazed at the info out there for woman just like us, millions of woman have experienced what we are now. I don't take the synthetic provera, I use a natural progesterone cream and I have no allergic reaction to it. I am soon to be 42, and in just a week of using the cream and taking som natural vitamins suggested in the book, and changing a few ways I eat, I have never felt better. Oh I have a long way to go I am sure but I don't feel depressed, crazy, etc., I use the cream for 21 days, then go off for 7. Then begin again. I take the vitamins daily, including the flaxseed, (ground and oil), depending on what I eat it in. I can't wait till my next check at the OB/GYB, I am buying the doc a book. In fact I am buying several doc's here a copy of the book, just to help get them a little better educated on us woman. I am so thenkful of this board and all the helpful ladies on here, I no longer feel left out in the cold. Sincerely Dana

Old 03-30-2004, 06:13 AM   #6
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Hi Dana!
I'm so glad you're feeling better! Though I am currently in my first year of menopause, I'd be lost without my progesterone cream, I tell you what! I use it 2x/day and have no problems with hot flashes (boy howdy - if medical science could figure out how to hook up say, a dozen of us peri-and menopausal women, I bet we could power a city the size of Denver when hot flashing! )
Give the peri-zappers at least 3-4 weeks, and I bet you'll be feeling like a younger version of yourself. I sure am! (Ok, ok,,,I'm not feeling like a younger version of YOU, but I am feeling like a younger version of ME. LOL)

Wanna swap recipes??

best wishes,

charli
highest wt: 233
203/146/146 on the Fat Flush Plan for life

Old 03-30-2004, 07:35 PM   #7

bobana10 HB User

Dear Charli, Yes I would love to swap recipes. I have yet to try the morning shake because I forgot to pick up the berries go figure. At least I feel like I will be getting my mind back after loosing it so many times . Give me a bit to get on the cooking and trying some of them before I suggest any. This is all very new to me. I have been putting the flaxseed (ground) on my salad and in my grain cereal, and I can't even tell it's there, also I put it with my salad dressing no difference in the taste, of course being the thoughtful mother I am when my daughter came by to visit I had her taste it first. I am still finishing up the before the change book then will start on the fat flush book got the journal and all. However I have been keeping track of how I have felt the past week and the change is happening, slowly but it is alot better than it was, not as many hot flashes, and I do use the cream 2 times a day. But will be happy to exchange some recipes soon. I'm just an old time cook so theres alot to learn. sincerely Dana

Closed Thread