It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2004, 12:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
How to take Magnesium and Calcium

I take magnesium in the morning and then again in the evening. Can someone please tell me when I should take the calcium. I read in "before the change" that u shouldn't mix mag with cal unless you double your mag to regulate the cal. So if I want to take the seperate, when should I take the calcium?

Also, does anyone get diarrhea from magnesium? When I was splitting my 250mg. and I spit it because I got diarrhea. Then my body seem to get use to it. Then I got constipated, lol. Now I've increased my dose of mag and get diarrhea in the morning. Not bad, just go once or twice. Any knowledge will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-22-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: How to take Magnesium and Calcium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
I take magnesium in the morning and then again in the evening. Can someone please tell me when I should take the calcium. I read in "before the change" that u shouldn't mix mag with cal unless you double your mag to regulate the cal. So if I want to take the seperate, when should I take the calcium?

Also, does anyone get diarrhea from magnesium? When I was splitting my 250mg. and I spit it because I got diarrhea. Then my body seem to get use to it. Then I got constipated, lol. Now I've increased my dose of mag and get diarrhea in the morning. Not bad, just go once or twice. Any knowledge will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi ainfante!
I take my Calcium in the am (with breakfast) and pm (with dinner) And I take about 400mg of Magnesium with lunch. I know many others who take their magnesium just before bed BECAUSE (here's the answer to your diarrhea question) it is a muscle relaxer and helps you sleep (great for headache relief, too!). Because it's a muscle relaxer, it can also give you diarrhea.
Mind you, I think cleaning out your *ahem* bowels first thing in the morning is a GOOD thing!

best wishes,

charli
203/146/146 on the Fat Flush Plan for life
menopausal and perky. Veddy, veddy perky!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: How to take Magnesium and Calcium

Quote:
Originally Posted by csoar2004
Hi ainfante!
I take my Calcium in the am (with breakfast) and pm (with dinner) And I take about 400mg of Magnesium with lunch. I know many others who take their magnesium just before bed BECAUSE (here's the answer to your diarrhea question) it is a muscle relaxer and helps you sleep (great for headache relief, too!). Because it's a muscle relaxer, it can also give you diarrhea.
Mind you, I think cleaning out your *ahem* bowels first thing in the morning is a GOOD thing!

best wishes,

charli
203/146/146 on the Fat Flush Plan for life
menopausal and perky. Veddy, veddy perky!
Thanks. Well I like to take my magnesium in the morning, so I guess I will take my calcium at lunch. Then I like to take my mag in the evening. Does calcium help you to relax too?

Closed Thread