It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #1

chersweets HB User
Cramps Post menopause

Need advice on women post menopause experiencing cramps of uterus and low back pain every day seen OB/GYN and had sonogram yesterday say all looks ok so why the pain? I am 55 no surgery ever one child now 33 yrs old whats up with this

Old 05-01-2004, 04:12 PM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Cramps Post menopause

I am 52 and been post menopausal for ten years now. I had few traditional symptoms. Only when I was on estrogen therapy (my doc then wanted me to try this out) did I feel any cramping. Went off of it and felt much better. My main complaint was lower back pain though. I knew I had some osteo there but I was also 245lbs at 5'6"/largeboned.

In Fall 2002, decided to do something about my weight and took a college women's strength class as I was getting inflexible, walking was a chore and felt out of balance. After doing the exercises for awhile, I found my back felt better because the supporting muscles were strengthening. In over a year, I lost 60lbs through a combination of relearning to eat properly, better nutrition and the lifting program. I can sleep on my back now and walking can be joy. This does not mean I do not have the osteo....it's still there. Doing reverse crunches at first was painful...so, on the advice of my instructor, I dropped them from my routine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2004, 10:54 AM   #3

cloverberry HB User

I was getting the low back pain but I found out it was because of the cholesterol medication I was taking. I get the cramp too and a lot of the time it's because of constipation. I'm 52 and I'm 3 years into menopause.

Old 05-02-2004, 12:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersweets
Need advice on women post menopause experiencing cramps of uterus and low back pain every day seen OB/GYN and had sonogram yesterday say all looks ok so why the pain? I am 55 no surgery ever one child now 33 yrs old whats up with this
Did you have a thyroid test. A low thyroid is common in menopause and will cause all kinds of spasms. The uterus is a muscle and will contract and spasm setting up adjacent muscles to complain too.

Old 05-04-2004, 07:03 AM   #5
(female)

BonBe HB User

I can relate to that. I have been on thyroid meds for years, and still (after being post menopause for 3 years) experienced severe cramps and localized back ache...right side down low

(I refer to them as 'coming on period cramps' but no period.)

But I am trying to deal with issues relating to this mess.... but def have your thyroid checked out with all the appropriate tests, if you are suspicious that it could well be thyroid related. I am going on 54 by the way.

Bonnie

Closed Thread