It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2004, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

madison55 HB User
Question feel like your going to start-but never do

Hi,
Does anyone else feel like they are going to start but never do? I have cramping, sometimes for days, with the feeling that I am going to start but no bleeding - at least yet. It is driving me nuts. Anyone?

Madison

Old 05-14-2004, 07:31 AM   #2
Veteran

kc1216 HB User
Re: feel like your going to start-but never do

Hi Madison,

I remember being that way last year.... I would get crampy and very bloated about a week before - literal cramps and then I would bleed very heavy and clotty when it came - and FOR DAYS.

Now, since last February, I have no cramps but am extremely cranky and I spot on and off, when I finally get it - it's darker in color and doesn't last long at all.

You might be headed for the change - I'd check checked out by your gyno anyway.

KC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison55
Hi,
Does anyone else feel like they are going to start but never do? I have cramping, sometimes for days, with the feeling that I am going to start but no bleeding - at least yet. It is driving me nuts. Anyone?

Madison

I get this ocasionally and it drive me up the wall cause I feel like I need to get it right now cause it's irritable. Now I'm getting the vaginal hot flash or burning sensation, not when I urinate, just premenstrual cramps with alot of heat. When I was first going through the perimenopause thing and it when on for at least 4-5 months, with on and off bleeding, I swore to my doctor I had some infection of the uterus and they tested me for everything. She didn't find anything wrong, she said it was perimenopause, then I couldn't get my period, it was so off and then she said she would give me a drug to bring it down and I took the samples and never took it, finally my period came down. Welcome to perimenopause or PMS.

Old 05-14-2004, 09:37 AM   #4
(female)

madison55 HB User

kc1216: Oh, I am definitely headed for the change. Been "changing" for about a year now. I've had this symptom before but it still bugs me when it occurs. I've seen my gyn and she says it's part of it all. I just wondered it anyone else had felt the same way. It's unsettling to feel crampy and bad for DAYS with no bleeding.
Madison

Old 05-14-2004, 10:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, just got spotting or period, had the cramps with this unbelievable heat flowing out of the vagina. Leg cramps, shakes, etc. Well, I will see if I'm going to bleed or just spot or it's not much of anything. Might have to do that b/c afterall. I don't care about the bleeding, just would like to feel somewhat normal instead of crazy and jerking all over the place, LOL

Old 05-14-2004, 12:28 PM   #6
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Yeah, the last time I spotted, went to the store, got tampons & pads galore and then nothing - until 2 weeks later!

It's a guessing game now. I'm actually crampy and am due any day after sunday (when I start the placebo bc). So we'll have to see what this month brings!

Old 05-14-2004, 03:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1216
Yeah, the last time I spotted, went to the store, got tampons & pads galore and then nothing - until 2 weeks later!

It's a guessing game now. I'm actually crampy and am due any day after sunday (when I start the placebo bc). So we'll have to see what this month brings!

Well, still feel cramps and gas on and off but no period, just a spot.

Old 05-15-2004, 05:18 AM   #8

mtngrl57 HB User
Unhappy Re: feel like your going to start-but never do

I have had the cramping without a period for a year or so. Just before we were going to go away for a week I started cramping. I hadn't had a period in months. Well, I said a little prayer that I not get my period while we were gone. (because I knew if I did that it would be heavy and I would not be able to be away from a bathroom for very long at a time!) I started the very day we got back and I have not stopped since then and it has been five weeks today! I have sometimes gone for a day without bleeding or clots and then toward the end of the afternoon or into the early evening I get I guess maybe what some would call spotting and then I go for another day and it starts all over again! I use to get such bad cramps that it would double me over into a ball. The cramps aren't so bad anymore but the clots are from silver dollar in size to almost the size of the palm of my hand! I don't really feel moody like others have wrote about. I get down. I am taking Lexapro. Our insurance will be changing July 1 so I am hoping to find a female doctor that understands. I just want to know that there is not something seriously wrong with me.
I hope you will start feeling better too.
Cin

Old 05-15-2004, 06:13 AM   #9
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Cin,

Did your doc do a d&c on you? I've heard that they do that for women who have been constantly bleeding.

KC

Old 05-15-2004, 07:52 AM   #10

mtngrl57 HB User

I am not happy with the doctors at the office the my female doctor had been practising at for two years. I really didn't have this problem until now so I never talked to her about it. I know of a doctor in my area that participates with the new insurance we are having to change too so I am trying to wait until July to see her.

The bleeding isn't real heavy now so I am not real sure what to do.

I hate getting older! I am too busy to be getting older! My family has me on the run so much that I forget how old I am half of the time! Now I want to forget my age on purpose! (o;

I sure don't want a D & C done! One of my sisters had that done years ago and it didn't help her at all.

I try to wait patiently.

Old 05-15-2004, 08:31 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngrl57
I have had the cramping without a period for a year or so. Just before we were going to go away for a week I started cramping. I hadn't had a period in months. Well, I said a little prayer that I not get my period while we were gone. (because I knew if I did that it would be heavy and I would not be able to be away from a bathroom for very long at a time!) I started the very day we got back and I have not stopped since then and it has been five weeks today! I have sometimes gone for a day without bleeding or clots and then toward the end of the afternoon or into the early evening I get I guess maybe what some would call spotting and then I go for another day and it starts all over again! I use to get such bad cramps that it would double me over into a ball. The cramps aren't so bad anymore but the clots are from silver dollar in size to almost the size of the palm of my hand! I don't really feel moody like others have wrote about. I get down. I am taking Lexapro. Our insurance will be changing July 1 so I am hoping to find a female doctor that understands. I just want to know that there is not something seriously wrong with me.
I hope you will start feeling better too.
Cin
Lexapro is helping you not get down. My girlfriend is taking Lexapro, I'm taking Prozac, we are both taking small mgs. If I had silver dollars dropping out, I would be going mad! I'm over it just what I'm going through.

Old 05-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngrl57
I am not happy with the doctors at the office the my female doctor had been practising at for two years. I really didn't have this problem until now so I never talked to her about it. I know of a doctor in my area that participates with the new insurance we are having to change too so I am trying to wait until July to see her.

The bleeding isn't real heavy now so I am not real sure what to do.

I hate getting older! I am too busy to be getting older! My family has me on the run so much that I forget how old I am half of the time! Now I want to forget my age on purpose! (o;

I sure don't want a D & C done! One of my sisters had that done years ago and it didn't help her at all.

I try to wait patiently.
But it might help you with the large clots. You need to have your estrogen and progesterone checked. Then you can do some kind of hrt to help you.

Old 05-17-2004, 06:07 AM   #13
(female)

madison55 HB User

mtngrl57: If you have been bleeding and/or spotting for 5 weeks, you have been more than patient and you need to see your gyn about it. About a year ago, I went on and on for about 15 days and my gyn called me in a form of progesterone (Megace is the brand name) and after about 2 pills, it stopped. Also, a D&C might be indicated and you should be checked. It's a very simple procedure. It is outpatient surgery and then the bleeding would be stopped.

Old 05-18-2004, 09:23 AM   #14

mtngrl57 HB User

Thanks for all of the input. I am very happy to say that the bleeding has completely stopped for three days now! I have been reading one of the books that have been suggested to read by other women on this board and it has been very helpful for me to understand more about perimenopause.
I guess, one of the worse things for me now is that my husband is not understanding.
I am feeling pretty good other than him right now. I will admitt that I have been down now that spring is here and flowers are being planted and those kinds of things. I miss my mom. We used to go together to buy flowers and plant them at her place and then the cemetery together. We would usually go to lunch too. Really missing that. My mother in law never liked the relationship between my mom and my kids. (Not that she couldn't have tried to have a close one also) Now that my mom is gone she is trying to be like my mom and my kids resent it. So do I. Well, that is a whole nother subject.
I do thank you all for the help. You have given me things to ask for when I get the insurance changed so that I can see a female doctor to help me.
Thanks again!
cindy

Closed Thread