It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2004, 03:26 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
tingling and perimenopause

Do any of you find your hands, arm, and feet going to sleep a lot with peri/menopause? Just curious.

Old 06-13-2004, 04:38 PM   #2

PennyD HB User
Re: tingling and perimenopause

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
Do any of you find your hands, arm, and feet going to sleep a lot with peri/menopause? Just curious.
I have had problems with tingling. The left side of my head went numb for a few seconds one time. I had the doc do a CT Scan of the brain to make sure I was ok. I still have tingling in my face and head sometimes. Hands will tingle too. I have read it is one of the symptoms of peri.
Penny

The Following User Says Thank You to PennyD For This Useful Post:
dianb (01-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2004, 05:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:

I also had that tingling sensation, usually in my feet, occasionally on the left side of my face. Several years ago my internal med. doc diagnosis the tingling in my feet as being phlebitis.

Since perimenopause, an other ailments, have similiar symptoms I make it a point to discuss my symptoms with a doctor before attributing them to perimenopause/menopause.

Your not alone that tingling sensation is listed as a perimenopause symptom.

Old 06-13-2004, 07:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:

Yes. It was happening quite a bit. I try not to sleep on them. Remember, perimenopause can have anxiety accompany it, so that's why the symptoms of anxiety are posted with perimenopause and menopause.

We are alike and I know you are uncomfortable and worried. Try not to worry about it, it makes it worse. There is a good book called The Pause and also another one called, Hope and Help For Your Nerves, by Dr. Claire Weekes. I read this book in two days. It's about sufferers of anxiety, nervous breakdown, stress etc. and it is good. It was written in 1969, but has all the truth to it. If you read it, it's like she's writing it directly to you. She gives you all the tips to get over it, but it's not easy. Most of us who suffer from anxiety with perimenopause happen to be too much into our bodies and whom can blame us. We are miserable right not. Face, Accept, Float and let time pass. The Pause is also a good book dealing with perimenopause and menopause. Read as much as you can about anxiety and perimenopause or just anxiety, keep reading, yes, you will see all of you there and will find tidbits to begin to road to recovery. God Bless.

Andrea

PS Hope this helps, also just to let you know, Ihad a terrible time with my stomach today.

Old 06-15-2004, 09:00 AM   #5
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

All the time for me - fingers and arms especially. If I put any pressure too long, they start. I get it alot when I'm at my desk typing.

kc

Old 06-15-2004, 09:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1216
All the time for me - fingers and arms especially. If I put any pressure too long, they start. I get it alot when I'm at my desk typing.

kc
Hey KC! Glad you're back! How are you feeling? I drank that icky chalk but now my gastro is out of town until next week, noone to read my test results. Finished the antibiotics yesterday, so now waiting to see what my cat scan found and also waiting to see when I take another urine test. So tell me what's going on? Is the aciphex working for you? How's the Xanax? I've had to take pinches of it here and there,boy or boy. Also, changed to Protonix, like aciphex and everything came back. Got more samples of aciphex from my docs office, receptionist gave them to me cause I told her what was happening with this other drug. My ins. won't cover aciphex but will cover protonix which is also a name brand drug. I don't know.

Andrea

Old 06-15-2004, 10:18 AM   #7
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Hey Andrea! Had a great time away! It was like all the symptoms were gone on Day #2. So now I am definitely equating all this to stress and anxiety. I went away thinking about it - I wanted to see if this were all to disappear and it did. When we were coming home yesterday, the panicky feelings came back. As for my bladder - I have my period now so it's not bugging me. I'm afraid for when my period ends though because it comes back right away. I'm still on the antibiotics. I take my last one tonight so maybe that will help, not sure. Aciphex is a miracle drug - it has been the only one that has helped this long so far. I still feel a little twinges in my chest and I burp alot but there hasn't been as much pain and shortness of breath.

I'll be going for the ultrasound at 4 today. Going to check my gallbladder, liver and pancreas. I guess the endo is for the throat and stuff - that is where he said he'll check for ulcer, esophogus stuff and hernia stuff. That's not till the 30th though.

Back on xanax as of last night. I need it at home. We are going camping again this weekend but with the entire family. I'm not looking forward to this and normally I love this stuff. We got this camper for adults - it sleeps six but very cramped and I have a big problem with crowds these days. So we have one bed and mominlaw is sleeping in the other bed. There are more smaller beds in there but we are bringing a tent for the boys. They are very upset that they can't sleep in the camper but there is NO WAY we'll all get any sleep - these guys are hyper and will stay up forever (never mind the f*rting stuff too). So they've been b*tching all week. I'm getting more ****** and hubby is about ready to cave into them. If he does, I'm not going.

But it was very good to get away from everyone. I was suprised - Hubby didn't want to come back either. But it's back to the grind for the summer.

How's the bladder today? Samples working for you? I only got the aciphex samples too - I have enough until the end of the month. Not sure what my co-pay will be but he gave me some rebate stuff to mail in.

So did the doctor say anything as to what this could be when you drank the stuff? Did he have any inkling?

kc

Old 06-15-2004, 03:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1216
Hey Andrea! Had a great time away! It was like all the symptoms were gone on Day #2. So now I am definitely equating all this to stress and anxiety. I went away thinking about it - I wanted to see if this were all to disappear and it did. When we were coming home yesterday, the panicky feelings came back. As for my bladder - I have my period now so it's not bugging me. I'm afraid for when my period ends though because it comes back right away. I'm still on the antibiotics. I take my last one tonight so maybe that will help, not sure. Aciphex is a miracle drug - it has been the only one that has helped this long so far. I still feel a little twinges in my chest and I burp alot but there hasn't been as much pain and shortness of breath.

I'll be going for the ultrasound at 4 today. Going to check my gallbladder, liver and pancreas. I guess the endo is for the throat and stuff - that is where he said he'll check for ulcer, esophogus stuff and hernia stuff. That's not till the 30th though.

Back on xanax as of last night. I need it at home. We are going camping again this weekend but with the entire family. I'm not looking forward to this and normally I love this stuff. We got this camper for adults - it sleeps six but very cramped and I have a big problem with crowds these days. So we have one bed and mominlaw is sleeping in the other bed. There are more smaller beds in there but we are bringing a tent for the boys. They are very upset that they can't sleep in the camper but there is NO WAY we'll all get any sleep - these guys are hyper and will stay up forever (never mind the f*rting stuff too). So they've been b*tching all week. I'm getting more ****** and hubby is about ready to cave into them. If he does, I'm not going.

But it was very good to get away from everyone. I was suprised - Hubby didn't want to come back either. But it's back to the grind for the summer.

How's the bladder today? Samples working for you? I only got the aciphex samples too - I have enough until the end of the month. Not sure what my co-pay will be but he gave me some rebate stuff to mail in.

So did the doctor say anything as to what this could be when you drank the stuff? Did he have any inkling?

kc
Wow, I want to get away too! And not come back, LOL I'm getting hot flashes again, love it, night sweats and hot flashes after I eat. Not eating anything spicey. Sometimes I feel off balance, the bladder and stomach burn occasionally, and I try to ignore it or take a pinch of Xanax. This anxiety is a *****. I still have another week and half before my period if it comes exactly on time, but it isn't dependable anymore so..........

I still have the kidney stone and it got bigger, but they are not going to take it out. I have to run another bladder test on Monday or Thursday of next week. Hopefully, this is it! But I still get the bladder burning thing. It doesnt' happen everyday, but it still happens, then it burns up my belly into my chest. My upper GI showed nothing wrong, not even reflex. But my Mom says they are not dependable. My cat scan showed a little diverticulos in my sidmoid colon, but not diverticulities, so that means it's not infected, at least not now, Great!!!!!!!!!! I inherited that from my mother and mysister has already removed a foot of her colon and also my mom removed some ofher colon too. This seems to be a commonthing these days. I try to eat fiber but guess i need to take something instead. So the kidney stone is still there and bigger. Also, they still want to go up my bladder, want to put me tosleep, and Idon't want to do it.

Andrea

Old 06-16-2004, 08:32 AM   #9
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Hi Andrea,

I know I get worse before my period comes, even being on the pill. I hate the bladder burn - same as you - way down below up to the stomach. Chest pain right now - from coffee I had - I know it. Took a xanax a few minutes ago - should kick in soon.

I have a feeling they won't find anything wrong with my upper GI either. Was weird though, kept asking the girl if she saw anything suspicious and she said she was not at liberty to say and I'll have to wait for the final report from the doctor. She stayed on my right side for a very very long time though - kept redoing it and kept asking me if I ate in the afternoon which I did not.

Have you tried citrucel? Before I was put on the Zelnorm, I was taking one citrucel in the morning and one at night - worked pretty good.

So what are they going to do to your bladder - the hydro thing? Hey, if you're asleep for it you won't even know what's going on, plus it doesn't take long. I'll be knocked out for my endo - looking forward to that little high I'll get before I drift off! Like taking a whole bottle of xanax!

kc

Closed Thread