It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2004, 08:38 AM   #1

sissy1 HB User
Estrodiol test results back.

I had a Estradiol test done. It was done about a week before my period started. My results are 55. I'm still not sure what that means. I know it varies as to where you are in your cycle. Also it said my Lutenizing Hormone (LH) is 1.4 Anyone know what that is? When I try to get information on this myself on the web I get a bunch of ads trying to sell Estradiol Test kits.

I still have regular periods, no hot flashes yet. I have hard periods with clotting and moodswings and depression. Nervousness and do not sleep well. I've also been having chest pains. I had an EKG and it came back normal so not sure what that is. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2004, 11:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
Re: Estrodiol test results back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy1
I had a Estradiol test done. It was done about a week before my period started. My results are 55. I'm still not sure what that means. I know it varies as to where you are in your cycle. Also it said my Lutenizing Hormone (LH) is 1.4 Anyone know what that is? When I try to get information on this myself on the web I get a bunch of ads trying to sell Estradiol Test kits.

I still have regular periods, no hot flashes yet. I have hard periods with clotting and moodswings and depression. Nervousness and do not sleep well. I've also been having chest pains. I had an EKG and it came back normal so not sure what that is. Thanks for any information you can provide.
Unfortunately those test results are relevant to the testing method which is largely why you can not get a standard results reply on the internet. If you know which laboratory tested the sample, then you might consult that company on line and they could tell you their ranges and what that means for your test. If your doctor had it tested then you should be able to consult the office for the results.Although here in the US that is getting harder and harder to do. I can not speak with my doctor by telephone as she has a secretary, a medical assistant and a nurse that are always frontline and it is very frustrating. They can not or will not give you definitive information and the doctor does not make herself available either. The old advice of call your doctor does not work here any more. There is so little available information it is amazing that we trust any medical professional anymore. It is not all their fault because the lawyers have sued them out of business but, still it can be a nusiance and down right dangerous.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2004, 12:02 PM   #3

sissy1 HB User
Re: Estrodiol test results back.

How true, in fact my test were with a Nurse Practitioner as my Doctor couldn't get me in. I did talk with her and all she said is that it's low but that I'm still not in menopause. I was just curious where everyone else is with there estrogen levels. How low does it go before you start getting hot flashes. I'm 48 and my sister went through this at 38 and my mom at 44. The test was done with plasma. thanks

Closed Thread