It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2004, 01:16 AM   #1

auntbeezy HB User
Unhappy going crazy

Going nuts. I'm near the end of periods, I think. I have such bloating and retaining water. Anyone retain water? I'm in a mess and I'm scared. I'm having panic attacks too! That presents a whole new bunch of symptoms.

Help help help if only to offer a prayer. I've been praying, but my angel guide is not listening? May I need to jump in front of a semi. I'm finding it harder to cope until I see a therapist on the 29. My husband is pressuring me to go to the hospital. This is totally scary to let strangers touch and poke and prod. I'm a basket case. Someone needs to knock me out and take me there. My friends are too busy to call or visit. I have no family around.

Old 06-20-2004, 07:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Re: going crazy

I will pray for you. I've been going through a lot myself. I was in the ER yesterday myself. I was scared too. They gave me something to calm me. This is a very scary time. List all the symptoms you have been having. God Bless.
Jacqueline

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi,

Believe me we all know how you are feeling and empathize. Anxiety and panic are really a big part of perimenopause and can make us just feel like jumping out of our skin.

I was given Xanax as an anti anxiety pill to take as needed. I have not taken it for a long time as the anxiety level is low for me now. In March it was at its height. I read that B complex is good for our anxiety problems and have been taking that so you might want to ask your doctor about that.

I also took the recommendation of someone on this board and got a book that is called The Pause. It goes thru each symptom and tells you why we are experiencing it at this time. I found it helpful. So you might want to read up on things as I think that helps in itself to know why it is happening.

This board is really a big help. read the posts , new and old ones and you will see you are not alone in this and everyone is experiencing the same or similiar things.

hang in there and keep posting and know that everyone is in the same boat.

rmc

Old 06-23-2004, 03:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbeezy
Going nuts. I'm near the end of periods, I think. I have such bloating and retaining water. Anyone retain water? I'm in a mess and I'm scared. I'm having panic attacks too! That presents a whole new bunch of symptoms.

Help help help if only to offer a prayer. I've been praying, but my angel guide is not listening? May I need to jump in front of a semi. I'm finding it harder to cope until I see a therapist on the 29. My husband is pressuring me to go to the hospital. This is totally scary to let strangers touch and poke and prod. I'm a basket case. Someone needs to knock me out and take me there. My friends are too busy to call or visit. I have no family around.
Auntbeezy: You are not going crazy! By all means, do not think this way. That's what comes with Panic Attacks. Good things you are going to therapy, it will help so much for menopause. I'm doing it and feel so good doing it. Also here is some advice. When you are going through panic, do not fight it, please. Just face your fears, accept it, then do not get into your body symptoms cause it's fooling you to make you produce more adrenaline and have another panic attack. I know it's hard to deal with but read the book on bad nerves by Dr. Weekes. She will take you through the steps. Because of the loss of estrogen, you are having panic attacks. Try to tell yourself this and try to let your body get real heavy when you're feeling real stressed. Also for the racing mind, just start grounding, like the carpet is this color, the table is this color and just go through your entire house, it will break the panic. Also free write. Just take out a piece of paper and write everything that is going on in your mind and keep writing to you don't want to write anymore or limit it to 15 minutes, good to do before bed so you don't go to bed with your mind going fast. Then re-read it and then tear it up or save it for another time, your choice.

Andrea

Andrea

Closed Thread