It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2004, 05:48 AM   #1

ultimate HB User
skin itches

I am not sure whether or not I am having any menopause symptions, I am 51, still getting regular periods, no hot flashes, or any of the common ones, the only thing that I am getting is the upper part of my arms are so itchy, I have very oily skin, so I know its not dry skin and I have vaginal dryness also. My arms are driving me crazy because they are so itchy and I have been using Aveeno cream for itchy skin but its not helping, does anyone have itchy skin symptions or any good product to use for this?

thank you

Old 06-22-2004, 06:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: skin itches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate
I am not sure whether or not I am having any menopause symptions, I am 51, still getting regular periods, no hot flashes, or any of the common ones, the only thing that I am getting is the upper part of my arms are so itchy, I have very oily skin, so I know its not dry skin and I have vaginal dryness also. My arms are driving me crazy because they are so itchy and I have been using Aveeno cream for itchy skin but its not helping, does anyone have itchy skin symptions or any good product to use for this?

thank you

There are times you will itch like crazy. Been there, had that and still do occasionally. As we lose estrogen, our skin drys out. You have the normal signs of meno, don't have to lose your periods to have meno, takes time before the final stage as your estrogen decreases gradually. For some women, it's harder, they are estrogen dominant, so when theybegin to lose their estrogen, they really feel rock bottom. So, yes, your skin will feel itchy and you may notice it in other locations at a later time.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2004, 06:31 AM   #3
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

I don't remember my mom going through all of this but she did tell me that she felt like she had something crawling all over her body and it lasted a while. Can you take benedryl and put some aloe on it? My mom took tranquelizers back in the day. I take them too but only when needed. Been good - 3 days where I've only had 1/2 of one!

kc

Old 06-22-2004, 07:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I have had this symptom two times and both of them drove me crazy. I am 57 and went through menopause late, just in the past two years. Both times I had this, I tried everything, Aveeno baths, Aveeno lotion and just about any lotion I could find. I tried to take an over the counter Antihistamine. Nothing helped. I didn't notice the symptom when I was sleeping but as soon as I woke up it was there. It went away in a month, both times. Even though you are still having periods, because of your age, your hormones are starting to decrease and this can cause the itchy symptom.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1216
I don't remember my mom going through all of this but she did tell me that she felt like she had something crawling all over her body and it lasted a while. Can you take benedryl and put some aloe on it? My mom took tranquelizers back in the day. I take them too but only when needed. Been good - 3 days where I've only had 1/2 of one!

kc
And KC, you will find that there will be days that you don't even need Xanax at all. The more you work with yourself to find what is stressing you out so much and replace it with positive affirmations and abide them, you will probably not need Xanax at all. Our hormones will begin to relax and you won't find that perimenopause will be as exasperated as when the anxiety is. This is what I find work for me too and others.

Andrea

Old 06-22-2004, 03:44 PM   #6

ultimate HB User

Any suggestions on what I should buy to help the itching? Anything from the health food store that could help?

Thanks for everyone's opinion

Old 06-23-2004, 08:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
And KC, you will find that there will be days that you don't even need Xanax at all. The more you work with yourself to find what is stressing you out so much and replace it with positive affirmations and abide them, you will probably not need Xanax at all. Our hormones will begin to relax and you won't find that perimenopause will be as exasperated as when the anxiety is. This is what I find work for me too and others.

Andrea
I agree with Andrea here. One thing I noticed about myself when I was at my worse - I would constantly get on the Internet and try to self-diagnose myelf (this is before I found this board) and I think it really stressed me out and caused unnecessary worries. Once I stopped and told myself what I as going thru was ONLY peri-meno symptoms, to be grateful, etc. - I felt better.

I didn't find this board or other boards where women talked about anxiety, those tingling and internal shakes until mine went away. What I'm saying is your mind is very strong - you control it - it can make things worse if you keep worrying and thinking about it. I know it is easier said than done - but TRY not to think too much about how bad you're feeling...(again, I know it's easy for me to say that now that I'm feeling fine).

molly

Closed Thread