It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2004, 01:59 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Andrea and others

I went to the gyn and showed her the test results from the salvia test. Of course because it showed such high progesterone and testosterone she wants it rechecked. They are going to check the free hormones in my blood. Plus she wants my adrenal glands rechecked. Doctors act like this is all in your head. After the hospital visit Saturday I had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours. Last night I ate a little beef and squash. At 4:30 am woke up with stomach pains ended up passing out.(still had the heart monitor on) After that I had diarrhea. My left arm has been feeling a little numb and tingles. But the arm thing has been going on for a while. That keeps the anxiety up. Have you done that? They are doing an echo cardiogram Friday. I feel like a lab rat. Can your hormones do all this to you? I'm trying to learn. It's unreal.

Jacqueline

Old 06-22-2004, 03:16 PM   #2
Veteran

kc1216 HB User
Re: Andrea and others

Jac,

Well I'm learning like you are - yes the hormones can do this. I have the tinglies real bad at times and the heart attack symptoms come and go. I've been reading alot about peri and it can cause all sorts of problems - anxiety, gerd, ibs, heart palps and tinglies not to mention unwanted hairs in strange places, gray hairs growing like weeds, flabby, itchy skin. Guess it's just another chapter in our book, huh?

You're not alone!
kc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Yes, your hormones can do strange things to you. I don't know about the passing out, did you have a panic attack? I get the tingling and numb feeling in my left arm too. Sometimes, my whole body tingles or just my hands. Why did u pass out? I'm worried about you. Did someone revive you or did u wake up on your own? As far as your gyne re-taking the test, that's okay. Compare them. Are they blood tests? Or is the gyne re-doing saliva?

Andrea

Old 06-22-2004, 05:17 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

My husband was there last night and heard me hit the floor. I think I passed out because of the stomach cramps. The kind you get before diarrhea. You know how you can get all clammy. They are doing a 24 hour urine test and a blood test for free hormones. I'm so sick of this.

Jacqueline

Old 06-22-2004, 07:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
My husband was there last night and heard me hit the floor. I think I passed out because of the stomach cramps. The kind you get before diarrhea. You know how you can get all clammy. They are doing a 24 hour urine test and a blood test for free hormones. I'm so sick of this.

Jacqueline
I know you are sick of this and I would be too. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. What did they say with the heart monitor?

ANdrea

Old 06-22-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

Nothing yet, I just had to turn it in. I guess they have to look over it.
Jacq

Old 06-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Nothing yet, I just had to turn it in. I guess they have to look over it.
Jacq

My prayers are with you. I hope everything turns out okay. Really I do, but somehow I'm really feeling this is thyroid related somewhere or meds for the thyroid.

Andrea

Old 06-23-2004, 06:09 AM   #8
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Hi Jac,

Keep us posted on your results - I really hope you feel better! Never passed out yet - that must have been scarey!

kc

Old 06-23-2004, 12:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Jac,

Sorry to hear all you are going thru.

The clammy feeling having diarhhea I have experienced and it is awful. It happened to me in March a couple times. Especially scary at night. That is terrible that you passed out but I know what you mean that the cramps can be so bad one feels like it.

Our hormones , yes, can do a lot of things to our system that cause a myriad of symptoms. The book, The Pause , which you probably know about, and Ainfante had suggested awhile ago, is really good as it goes thru each symptom and tells one why it is happening. I find it helpful.

Hope things improve for you soon.

Take care,

rmc

Old 06-23-2004, 12:37 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi, I am sorry you aren't feeling well. I had to wear a heart moitor too when I had heart paps. It never showed anything. Then the doc said perimenopause after he ruled out thyroid. I hope you feel better today.I hate to say it but it is a long way we have to go. If men only knew. hugs, Polly

Old 06-23-2004, 06:50 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

Thank you everyone for your support it really helps. I get comfort from it. I'm doing better right now. I was given Xanax Xr to take for a few days while I'm getting used to the Zoloft. I will keep you all posted.

Jacqueline

Old 06-23-2004, 07:48 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your support it really helps. I get comfort from it. I'm doing better right now. I was given Xanax Xr to take for a few days while I'm getting used to the Zoloft. I will keep you all posted.

Jacqueline

I'm happy you are feeling better. Xanax is a good med. I take it.

Andrea

Old 06-24-2004, 03:06 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

Went and had my blood taken for my free hormone test today and adrenals. They took 7 tubes of blood. I guess we will see how it compares to the salvia test. Tomorrow is the echo cardiogram. Have you had one of those?
Jacqueline

Old 06-24-2004, 04:15 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Went and had my blood taken for my free hormone test today and adrenals. They took 7 tubes of blood. I guess we will see how it compares to the salvia test. Tomorrow is the echo cardiogram. Have you had one of those?
Jacqueline

I hope all comes out well. What are the name of the tests you ran? Wow, 7 vials of blood, must be some wammo tests! Yes, I had the echo cardiogram stress test where you are on the tread mill. Got my heart rate up to 160-180 and then they pull you off the table real quick. Everything was find and my cardiologist said I was in menopause, LOL Really! The echocardiagram ultrasound is a wiz too. I had that and that came out fine, EKG's and those came out fine. My heart rate at resting lying down is 49-50. I tend to run a low heart rate but my heart is fine. Maybe it's from years of running, swimming, and bike riding and aerobics. I don't know. Let me know everything, okay?

Andrea

Old 06-24-2004, 05:36 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

What they are testing me for is 24 hour urine for catecholomines, metaneohrines, and VMA. Blood work for catecholomines, metanephines, DHEA-S, total & free testosterone and 17-OH progesterone. Whatever all that is. That is what was on the order.

Jacqueline

Closed Thread