It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 08:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
How is your morning going?

I had an idea. It came about because every morning I wake up and check the boards. I know that this sounds crazy and two years ago I would have said that myself. However, with menopause, my body turned against me and now the only comfort I have is to check in with the members of this board. Soooo, maybe everyone can check in and tell us what new symptom showed up that day or if some of the other symptoms they are having are going away, or what they tried that worked or didn't work in the past 24 hours. Just a thought, I don't know if it would work, but it would work for me. It seems that sometimes this is a daily struggle and maybe we could give each other support at the beginning of the day before we ruin the entire day worrying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: How is your morning going?

Hiya twanger!
My morning is splendiferous, thanks for asking! It's going to be a hot day (100+ :O ) and I've already got the lawn mowed and the sprinklers going.
I hadda hot flash last night, then remembered I hadn't used my progesterone cream have I mentioned that my memory chip is faulty??
Other than that, things are just peachy!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2004, 09:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Another "Lightdays" period begins. I've been getting by on a couple days of pantiliners for two years for heaven's sakes!
My face is flushed (a "power surge" rather than a hot flash) and I'm off work today - thereby adding me to the "Splendiferous" list myself!!

Old 06-24-2004, 09:29 AM   #4
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Morning Twanger and Ladies!

No sleep last night - had the skin creepy crawlies - not sure if it's me with the first week of the month bc pill or the sunburn healing Anway, came to work real sleepy and drank some caffeinated coffee (2 cups) and here I go with chest pressure, paranoia and anxiety. Trying to hold off on the xanax because although I'm ready to climb the walls, I am still sleepy at the same time - weird huh?

Other than that it is gorgoeus out today - about 80 and dry. Just saw a deer run out of our parking lot here at work and run neck and neck with an SUV driving down the road - was pretty cool.

Also to get my mind off this madness, I signed up on some website to adopt a soldier. I think it would be good for me and our boys to get involved - do something POSITIVE for once and maybe I'll feel better emotionally - who knows.

kc

Old 06-24-2004, 10:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

KC, please stay away from the caffeine until your anxiety is controlled. This will only make the situation worse and also the stomach.

My day is okay, washing clothes, trying to handle my day. The worse part of my day or morning, I should say, is dealing with the equiliberium. Once that is under control, I can pretty much handle the rest of the day. I try to walk through the sweats and hot flushes which are my power surges and the hot flashes. Hope everyone else is having a great day.

Andrea

Old 06-24-2004, 11:35 AM   #6
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Hi Andrea! My mom had it bad with the equilibrium during her peri! I remember it very well - she ended up in the hospital and they did every test and couldn't find a thing and back then peri wasn't really discussed. Her hot flashes lasted for years but she swore by this blue sea algae that she could order online. It's either the blue or red but she swore by that for her hotflashes - every heard of it?

I'm trying to be careful - I know, I haven't been behaving at all lately. Like I said above, emotionally I am drained for no reason and then when I get that way, it's almost like I enjoy inflicting pain on myself. I bought a bunch of candy bars and was going through those - they are now hidden out of my site. Coworker did it - they know I'm not supposed to be eating sweets like I do. I just cannot have one either. Last night we had ribs. You think I had any? I had a bite and went straight for the crescent rolls - I crave sweets and carbs. I'm skipping dinner altogether tonight - don't feel like cooking and the kids can fend for themselves on leftovers.

You have your balance back yet?
kc

Old 06-24-2004, 11:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1216
Hi Andrea! My mom had it bad with the equilibrium during her peri! I remember it very well - she ended up in the hospital and they did every test and couldn't find a thing and back then peri wasn't really discussed. Her hot flashes lasted for years but she swore by this blue sea algae that she could order online. It's either the blue or red but she swore by that for her hotflashes - every heard of it?

I'm trying to be careful - I know, I haven't been behaving at all lately. Like I said above, emotionally I am drained for no reason and then when I get that way, it's almost like I enjoy inflicting pain on myself. I bought a bunch of candy bars and was going through those - they are now hidden out of my site. Coworker did it - they know I'm not supposed to be eating sweets like I do. I just cannot have one either. Last night we had ribs. You think I had any? I had a bite and went straight for the crescent rolls - I crave sweets and carbs. I'm skipping dinner altogether tonight - don't feel like cooking and the kids can fend for themselves on leftovers.

You have your balance back yet?
kc
I'm still working on the balance. might have totake some Xanax, very close to myperiod and my fingers are trembling pretty good right now, LOL I know about the cravings for carbs and sweets, even though Ihaven't eaten any sweets, I still eat the carbs. Hopefully, but afternoon, Iwill be a little more straight in thehead, LOL Ihaven't taken any aciphex or protonix for two days for the reflex, but I can feelit cookingdown there. You see how all this gets bothersome around my period? I don't know about the equileberium/dizzys, that might be a part of the anxiety and peri. But the IBS bothers me at any slight hormone change.

Andrea

Old 06-24-2004, 11:46 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Thanks all. It seems as if some of us are having a great day and some are having the "good old anxiety" day. I have not had a period for 12 months, but I feel as if one is coming. My breasts are swollen, diarhea, and bloating. Started feeling this way yesterday but now it is full blown. I finally ordered the book " The Pause", hope it helps. Hope your day goes well.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:58 AM   #9
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

I used to get the D the day before my period would start. Then I knew it was on it's way. Breast tenderness too - big time! Plus they would get bigger (wish they'd stay that way but nope).

Andrea - why aren't you taking your aciphex daily?! Oh and for the hot flashes, I looked it up - it's called blue-green algae. Since they don't really let you post other sites on here, just do a search and type in hot flashes with it - you'll come up with lots of stuff. I believe Omega Sun and Alpha Sun were the ones I saw.

kc

Old 06-24-2004, 07:12 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twanger
I had an idea. It came about because every morning I wake up and check the boards. I know that this sounds crazy and two years ago I would have said that myself. However, with menopause, my body turned against me and now the only comfort I have is to check in with the members of this board. Soooo, maybe everyone can check in and tell us what new symptom showed up that day or if some of the other symptoms they are having are going away, or what they tried that worked or didn't work in the past 24 hours. Just a thought, I don't know if it would work, but it would work for me. It seems that sometimes this is a daily struggle and maybe we could give each other support at the beginning of the day before we ruin the entire day worrying.

Twanger this is a wonderful idea. It's not morning, but I'll post the events of my day. Let's see...I'll start with the symptoms that have subsided or are getting better. The entire week I've been dealing with heart palpitations and anxiety. I tried Estrace yesterday an I didn't have the heart palps. today and the anxiety is much better. Hmmm.......since starting hrt several months ago my nails are stronger, hair getting thicker, acne 100% better, IBS almost non-existent, incontinence gone, no more bladder infections...

I fully understand about the dizziness. That lightheadedness/dizziness spacey feeling is always with me 24/7. There are days/hours that it's hardly noticeable, then there are days that I feel like my eyes are crosssing from the dizziness. This symptoms was one of the first that sent me running to the dr. office, only to be diagnosed with anxiety disorder. After about 6 months without panic attacks and still feeling dizzy the psychiatrist said that there has to be another problem and suggested that I see my internal med. When the other meno/peri symptoms intensified/appeared I knew that my dizziness had to be hormonally related.

I'll try to remember to check back in tomorrow.

God Bless

Old 06-24-2004, 07:46 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully

Twanger this is a wonderful idea. It's not morning, but I'll post the events of my day. Let's see...I'll start with the symptoms that have subsided or are getting better. The entire week I've been dealing with heart palpitations and anxiety. I tried Estrace yesterday an I didn't have the heart palps. today and the anxiety is much better. Hmmm.......since starting hrt several months ago my nails are stronger, hair getting thicker, acne 100% better, IBS almost non-existent, incontinence gone, no more bladder infections...

I fully understand about the dizziness. That lightheadedness/dizziness spacey feeling is always with me 24/7. There are days/hours that it's hardly noticeable, then there are days that I feel like my eyes are crosssing from the dizziness. This symptoms was one of the first that sent me running to the dr. office, only to be diagnosed with anxiety disorder. After about 6 months without panic attacks and still feeling dizzy the psychiatrist said that there has to be another problem and suggested that I see my internal med. When the other meno/peri symptoms intensified/appeared I knew that my dizziness had to be hormonally related.

I'll try to remember to check back in tomorrow.

God Bless
Hi Hopefully. Yes, the dizziness is hormone related. It can be anxiety related too and can take some time to go away. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, so I know about those panic attacks. But usually I just space out, but after my brother passed away and then of course ovaries shutting down, gyne diagnosed me perimenopause, Ihad so many tests, etc. so know I'm fine. Yep my Psychiatrist also said that alot of the anxiety is with perimenopause and that the dizziness could be from that also.

Hi KC. I wanted to take a pill break. I'm taking so many vitamins, then the prozac, then aciphex, then this that, this that. I needed a pill break. Took one today. Thanks for looking out for me.

Andrea

Old 06-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #12
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Take the dr. pills first - before the vitamins! I'll tell you, if I eat right and keep up with my aciphex and zelnorm, I can survive the day. But I know how you feel about taking a pill break!

Morning is okay so far - sticking to no coffee today. Had a bad night last night. Can't stand kids right now, need time to myself, yada yada yada - it's the mean hormone coming out today! Going to work is a vacation - don't want to go home at 5. Told hubby we need some quiet time together - at least an hour - haven't had that since we went to New Hampshire and I am having a very hard time with this.

kc

Old 06-25-2004, 08:37 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

KC: Hang in there. I love my daughter and know how it is, sometimes she's like 3 kids in one. But you have so many more and God Bless You for doing what you do.

Andrea

Old 06-25-2004, 09:04 AM   #14
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Yo ladies....some of the dizzyness is related to low blood sugar, y'know. This is because our hormonal madness has helped slow down our metabolism (dang it! Sure wish someone had mentioned this during health class...mebbe I was outta town or somthing! )
Try eating something every 2-3 hours (even just snacking on celery/jicama/carrots, etc.) to keep level out your blood sugar.

Old 06-25-2004, 10:13 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

I agree Csoar. But even when I eat all day, I'm still dizzy, especially in the mornings.

Andrea

Closed Thread