It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 10:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Just a reminder ladies, so you don't think you're losing it!!!!!!!!!

Menopause usually takes place between the ages of 45 and 55, although some women experience their last periods in their 60's and in some cases in their 30's.

Disrupted menstrual cycles and irregular periods are common flags of the time preceding menopause. This time is now commonly referred to as perimenopause and can last for years.

Perimenopause begins without symptoms and proceeds to a drop in hormone levels that are significant enough to cause the body to respond by producing hot flashes, changes in periods, some insomnia and mood changes. In addition some women complain of dizziness. Hormone sensitive tissues begin to shrink causing vaginal dryness, and urinary control problems. Bone mass begins to decrease and skin becomes thinner and looses some elasticity. Hair can become dry, thin and brittle.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User
Re: Just a reminder ladies, so you don't think you're losing it!!!!!!!!!

Hi Andrea, Been there and had alot of that at times. Looks like it is back to as I told you. I looked up that book you mentioned The Pause. I found it online at a good price. I am going to see if the libary has it too. Today has been a non work day for me. I wanted to get so much done. My heart and all has made me feel so bad. Just trying to do something I feel hyper worn out. lol Oh well maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
My scape is crawling too.... lol Hope you are doing ok. Hugs, Polly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2004, 04:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snodove
Hi Andrea, Been there and had alot of that at times. Looks like it is back to as I told you. I looked up that book you mentioned The Pause. I found it online at a good price. I am going to see if the libary has it too. Today has been a non work day for me. I wanted to get so much done. My heart and all has made me feel so bad. Just trying to do something I feel hyper worn out. lol Oh well maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
My scape is crawling too.... lol Hope you are doing ok. Hugs, Polly

Oh I know just how you're feeling, sweetie. I feel the queen of the board with anxiety and perimenopause. There hasn't been one symptom in the last 4 months that I haven't had a nightmare with. LOL

Hugs Andrea

Old 06-25-2004, 02:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi Andrea, I am so sorry you are gong though this. I am going to call my uro doctor though today about one thing. I am taking that potassium and I want to make sure it isn't giving me heart papitations but I figure it is peri. Just want to make sure my potassium citrate isn't to high a dose. He changed my medicine. Hope you have a better day. Hugs, Polly

Closed Thread