It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 04:52 PM   #1
Inactive

troubledchild HB User
Unhappy Either I am crazy, insane or just going through perimenoupause

Hi all,

My body has been acting weird lately and I have been posting alot on other boards here trying to find an answer but everything just seems to be wrong that it is not that it could be something else.

I have been having night sweats just about every night, I haven't been getting alot of sleep, I wake up every night feeling like I can't get back to sleep.

My main concern right now is something that has been happening to me recently that I don't like. Once in a while over the past 6 months I have not been myself at all. I have always been this bouncy jumpy person that nothing bothered me at all I always just let things go over my head and I would just smile and I was always in a good mood, I am one of those people that other people hate because I am so cheerful. I am still cheerful but I have these days lately where everyone around me hate me now because I am so mean.

Like today for instance, we have this lady that works for us and she had nothing else to do and she told me that she would work with me and I told her NO, and she said that she would work with me to HELP me, which was very nice of her and I told her NO, I WORK BETTER BY MYSELF AND TO LEAVE ME ALONE. I am always so nice to people I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings.

Now tonight I have nothing to be sad, mad or to be angry about and the tears are just rolling down my cheek. I feel like I am on a roller coaster, one minute I am happy the next angry and the next crying like a little baby.

I know it is that time of the month for me too but this is bad, really bad, never been this bad before.

Please help me,

Grace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2004, 05:12 PM   #2

maddux417 HB User
Re: Either I am crazy, insane or just going through perimenoupause

Well, I was never that nice to begin with but now, whoa, I say things that would have remained as a thought in my head. It's out of my mouth before I have a chance to sensor it. I'm not trying to use peri as an excuse, because I am an adult and have a responsibility to behave civily, but man, am I catty! And cry at the drop of a hat? I work with nothing but men and they don't even ask what's wrong (which is a good thing because all it would take would be for someone to show concern for me and I would probably end up in a sobbing puddle.) the guys just sign their tickets and get their assignments and get out of the office quick. I hear that this will pass and we will get stable after the hormonal storm passes. I know everyone around me is hanging onto to that hope. Luckily I live alone so there isn't anyone to abuse at home. LOL. M.C.

Old 06-24-2004, 05:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Grace, your experience sounds so typical of someone dealing with hormonal inbalance. I'm 43 years old going through perimenopause. I remember starting with the symptoms you mentioned. My ob/gyn kept telling me it was just PMDD, but I knew that it had to be more since my symptoms were occuring daily, not just a week before my period; and they were intensifying. If you haven't seen a doctor please see one that you trust. There is no need to suffer needlessly when help is available.

Old 06-24-2004, 06:03 PM   #4
Inactive

troubledchild HB User

Thanks for both of your replies.

The scary thing is, is I am only 34 and kind of young to be going through all of this.

I wish I had some kind of tape to tape over my mouth when I get this way, because then I feel so bad at what I did, and I know I can't take it back. Today I think I apologized to this person 25 times before she told me to stop it that I sounded like an idiot, which I really did. But then we were fine the rest of the day.

I don't like myself for being this way, I wish there was something I can do so this doesn't happen again, but I know it is water under the bridge.

Thanks

Grace

Old 06-24-2004, 06:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Troublechild, sounds like a PMS. I would discuss this hormonal inbalance with your gyne. Possibly birth control or anti-depressants may help you.

Andrea

Old 06-25-2004, 04:44 AM   #6
Inactive

troubledchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
Troublechild, sounds like a PMS. I would discuss this hormonal inbalance with your gyne. Possibly birth control or anti-depressants may help you.

Andrea

This isn't PMS for me, I have gone through PMS and that is and was a piece of cake what has been happening to me lately is 100 times worse.

I will definitely have to go see a doctor, because there have been many other symptoms.

Grace

Old 06-25-2004, 06:57 AM   #7
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Hi Grace,

I'm the same way. I actually miss myself since I am a different person these days. I feel as though I am acting as a selfish spoiled child if things don't go my way (and they haven't been for a few weeks now). I went from a peaceful quiet calm to total mayhem at home. I try to accept things for the way they are but it's very hard. Husband's kids come for the summer. We have my son for 1/2 each week all year long. I go from one extreme to the other - normally I can adjust to this but this summer? Forget it! All I did was SCREAM last night - told the kids to go out and stay out. Just no peace anymore - someone is in my face until I go to bed. It's worse with the hormones out of whack. I miss time w/ my husband, miss time to myself. Work is a picnic compared to home.

Hang in there, this too shall pass someday.

kc

Old 06-25-2004, 07:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledchild
This isn't PMS for me, I have gone through PMS and that is and was a piece of cake what has been happening to me lately is 100 times worse.

I will definitely have to go see a doctor, because there have been many other symptoms.

Grace
If you are having hormone craze 3 weeks out of the month, then it is perimenopause and this can start early depending when you would go into menopause. So many women today are going into menopause early, so I would begin to track everything. Also, if we are full of anxiety it will also throw our hormones off balance. PMS is two weeks out of the month, so if this isn't you anymore then you have moved into perimenopause. I'm not a doctor but can advise somewhat on symptoms. Also, did u have your thyroid checked? Thyroid inbalances are very similar to perimenopause.

Andrea

Closed Thread