It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2004, 08:01 AM   #1

BeckBeck HB User
Anyone here bleeding w/ HRT?

I was having horrible hot flashes at night every 45 min. Not only was I hot and waking up but at onset I would get nauseated. My Dr. put me on bi-est, worked great for the hot flashes but after a few months I began spotting every 2 weeks. He did a test for endometriosis which was negative. So he had me try Activella with the same results. Now I am completely off HRT for 2 months and am progressively getting hotter.
Has anyone here experienced this and how did it turn out?

Old 06-28-2004, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: Anyone here bleeding w/ HRT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckBeck
I was having horrible hot flashes at night every 45 min. Not only was I hot and waking up but at onset I would get nauseated. My Dr. put me on bi-est, worked great for the hot flashes but after a few months I began spotting every 2 weeks. He did a test for endometriosis which was negative. So he had me try Activella with the same results. Now I am completely off HRT for 2 months and am progressively getting hotter.

I'm taking Estrace and Prometrium and still bleeding. My doctor and NP said this is okay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2004, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Anyone here bleeding w/ HRT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckBeck
The hot flashes will eventually pass, if you have the patience and stanima to wait them out. If you want to take HRT, and by all means for many this is the way to go, but you will experience in between bleeding from it. My gyne has discussed this with me cause she gave me HRT which I still haven't taken cause I didnt' want to deal with the bleeding. But if you can deal with the bleeding over hot flashes, then this would be the way to go. If not, then stay off them and find other natural solutions to get rid of the hot flashes by eating or drinking soy. Take vitamins and there are natural supplements to help relieve hot flashes. They do come and go by not paying as much attention to them if you can help it. By giving them so much attention, they tend to bother you more, it's called sensitization and therefore we encourage it to happen more intensley by expecting them to overcome our lives. Don't let the body fool you. Although hot flashes and the change are natural processes of the body, they can give you anxeity and it's the anxiety that likes to rule the body. Hope this helps.

Andrea

Closed Thread