It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Angry Had a Visitor Today...

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all are having a good weekend...guess who came to visit today? She hasn't been around since November....well, it's dear Aunt Flo! Brrrrr!!

I am depressed over this! I am totally bummed! It has been almost 7 months since I had my period and surprise, surprise, surprise! Now, I'm back to the old drawing board! Have to start all over to try to hit that 12-month deadline again!

I know things could be worse...

Molly

Old 06-28-2004, 10:01 AM   #2
Veteran

kc1216 HB User
Re: Had a Visitor Today...

Hi Molly

I'm sorry about Aunt Flo! Did you have any idea it was coming on? Did you feel different than you normally do or do anything different? Maybe it's the last one for a while. I wish mine would go away but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Anyway, try to relax with a heating pad or something. I hope you feel better.

KC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly123
Hi Ladies,

Hope you all are having a good weekend...guess who came to visit today? She hasn't been around since November....well, it's dear Aunt Flo! Brrrrr!!

I am depressed over this! I am totally bummed! It has been almost 7 months since I had my period and surprise, surprise, surprise! Now, I'm back to the old drawing board! Have to start all over to try to hit that 12-month deadline again!

I know things could be worse...

Molly
Don't be depressed about it Molly. At least you know at your age that you are going through menopause. This happens to many women before the final stage. Let us know if you have it for a short period or long period.

Andrea

Old 06-28-2004, 12:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante
Don't be depressed about it Molly. At least you know at your age that you are going through menopause. This happens to many women before the final stage. Let us know if you have it for a short period or long period.

Andrea
Hi KC and Andrea,

I know things could be worse....really, I am grateful that I'm not going through what I did back last August-January.

Didn't have a clue she was coming! Didn't feel a thing...just went to the bathroom and there she was! So far, pretty light - not spotting, not heavy really. I'm not having any cramps or anything (..hmmm...does this get you a bit frustrated? mad? My sister thinks I'm having it pretty good in comparison to her floods! hee-hee! and she doesn't think it is fair!!). By the way, everytime my sister and I talk and I ask her if she gotten her period - she would get it the next day! She thinks I'm a jinx so getting our periods will no longer be an item of discussion!

I'll keep you posted on how long it lasts....oh hum....

Have a good day!
molly

P.S. I'm blaming it on my boss who had me working 70 overtime hours the past 10 days!! Stressed induced - workman's comp claim! LOL!

Old 06-29-2004, 09:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

That is a workmen's comp claim for sure! LOL Through him a little menopause his way, LOL

Andrea

Old 06-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #6
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Yeah, men don't like it when you mention the woman problems - gets them to shut up pretty quick!

kc

Old 06-30-2004, 11:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1216
Yeah, men don't like it when you mention the woman problems - gets them to shut up pretty quick!

kc
I don't care if men don't want to hear about what women have to go through - I talk about it to them anyway! LOL! I don't get embarrassed either. I work for a small company and EVERYONE knew how bad I was feeling and what I was going through! I didn't care b/c I was so miserable!!

As far as my boyfriend and the men friends I have, they all seem to be fine with listening to what I have to say - they feel sorry for us women and glad they don't have to go through the same thing.

By the way, Aunt Flo seems to decide to check out today. So, she stayed only for 3 days...not bad, I guess. Now, I have to see what happens next month. Am feeling fine!

Hope you and Andrea and the other ladies on this board are feeling better too!

molly

Old 07-03-2004, 09:28 AM   #8

PennyD HB User

Hi Molly!

I'm so sorry you have to start over counting the 12 months!

I thought you were almost "home free"--- Maybe this is just a fluke.

I am still here, mostly reading instead of posting because I don't have anything new to post. Same ole stuff. I have been on the 25mg Paxil CR for three weeks now, I am beginning to wake up! It has made me so sleepy, but between it and the natural progesterone cream days 8-25 of my cycle I am having more good days now. I still have a lot of gas, a side effect of the peri and the cream and sometimes the anxiety is still a problem. Especially the week of my period, but all in all much better.

Again I am so sorry about your starting again. I will be thinking about you!

Hugs,
Penny

Old 07-03-2004, 10:26 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyD
Hi Molly!

I'm so sorry you have to start over counting the 12 months!

I thought you were almost "home free"--- Maybe this is just a fluke.

I am still here, mostly reading instead of posting because I don't have anything new to post. Same ole stuff. I have been on the 25mg Paxil CR for three weeks now, I am beginning to wake up! It has made me so sleepy, but between it and the natural progesterone cream days 8-25 of my cycle I am having more good days now. I still have a lot of gas, a side effect of the peri and the cream and sometimes the anxiety is still a problem. Especially the week of my period, but all in all much better.

Again I am so sorry about your starting again. I will be thinking about you!

Hugs,
Penny
Hey Penny! Great to hear from you! You should post once in a while even if you don't have anything new to say...I do! You gotta maintain your rapport with us here!! LOL! When and why did you go up to 25mg on the Paxil CR? If it is making you so sleepy, are you taking it at day? Maybe take it at night...

Guess feeling bad for a week (while you have your period) is better than feeling bad everyday! Are you having anxiety during your period only or are you just having it?

Did you finish your house? My yard and balconies got fixed and the contractors left about a month ago. I am just a poor working girl....so expensive to have work done. I plan to paint the inside of my house myself...another project to keep me busy. How are your poochies? Hope they are taking their mommy out for those walks!! Are you OK with shopping these days? No longer freaking out???

Keep in touch, please! P.S. Yep, was so ****** that Aunt Flo came! I thought I was going to be over and done with before I turned 52 (my mom went thru it at that age).

Hugs,
molly

Old 07-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly123
I don't care if men don't want to hear about what women have to go through - I talk about it to them anyway! LOL! I don't get embarrassed either. I work for a small company and EVERYONE knew how bad I was feeling and what I was going through! I didn't care b/c I was so miserable!!

As far as my boyfriend and the men friends I have, they all seem to be fine with listening to what I have to say - they feel sorry for us women and glad they don't have to go through the same thing.

By the way, Aunt Flo seems to decide to check out today. So, she stayed only for 3 days...not bad, I guess. Now, I have to see what happens next month. Am feeling fine!

Hope you and Andrea and the other ladies on this board are feeling better too!

molly
I'm getting there Molly, thanks for thinking of me.

Andrea

Closed Thread