It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2004, 05:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Thumbs down bad reaction to patch!!!

Well I tried the new Climara Pro and I think I am allergic to it. My throat swelled up a bit and my husband said I was snoring Ha! I think it is the levongestrol in it that I can*t handle. I think I will try something else. Better wait until I feel better though.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:56 AM   #2
Veteran

kc1216 HB User
Re: bad reaction to patch!!!

Hi Lady50,

Same exact thing happened to my Mom when she was taking it, plus she said she felt like she wanted to jump out of her skin. Hang in there, hope you feel better.

kc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2004, 09:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Yeah I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin. It is not so bad today as it was yesterday. Before I went to bed I ripped that patch off and disposed of it! I called the doc and told them what I side effects were. I found a new patch that has just been approved early this month. It is called Menostar. I found it on the internet somewhere. I think I looked under transdermal patches. It is a very small dose of estrogen without the progestin. It says you don*t have to have the progestin with it since it contains a very small dose. It is more for postmenopausel women, like myself. So, it may not help with hot flashes. I mainlyl need the estrogen since I have osteopenia. Well I will let everyone know how Menostar will affect me. Thank you for letting me know that your mother had the same experience with Climara Pro. Thank you for your reply have a nice day!!!!

Old 07-01-2004, 03:07 PM   #4
(female)

grayfox HB Usergrayfox HB Usergrayfox HB User
Smile Re: bad reaction to patch!!!

I'm sorry you have had a problem with the Climara Pro patch. I've been using them for over four months, and they have been a miracle come true for me. Before I used them I was having intense hot flashes which made me feel nauseated, I had terrible headaches, sweat, and felt weak. They woke me up several times during a night. Now I rarely have a hot flash, and when I do, it is extremely mild. Hope you can find something to give you relief.

Old 07-02-2004, 11:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, I am glad someone can handle that patch. I can handle the estrogen real well but not the progestin or progesterone. When I was on Premphase did real well on just the estrogen but when I started on the progesterone, I was a total mess. My husband could not stand me. It was like having PMS really really bad!!!!! I tried the Prempro and had problems with it. After that I did the Combipatch and that did not work. So, I came to the conclusion that it must be the progestin in it that I am sensitive to. After that I tried black cohosh but it gave me headaches. I*m waiting for the Menostar patch to come in. The pharmacy ordered it but would you believe they were out of them. That tells me there are many people trying it out. Thank you for your replies.

Closed Thread