It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2004, 03:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
please reply

Can anyone else discribe to me how it feels when they get hot flashes? Andrea replied but I was wanting to see some others. I'm curious if you feel the same as I.
Jacqueline

PS: Andrea I get my test results tomorrow will let you know.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: please reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
Can anyone else discribe to me how it feels when they get hot flashes? Andrea replied but I was wanting to see some others. I'm curious if you feel the same as I.
Jacqueline

Ok. Let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 05:33 AM   #3
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Hi Jaq,

When I get them it almost feels like someone is pulling a shade from my head to my toes but as it goes down, it's like a hot sensation travelling down. When this happens I break out in a profuse sweat - especially between the breasts. Have been having them every night so far this week and I'm not due for another 2 weeks. They wake me up when I'm sleeping.

Hope you feel better.
kc

Old 07-01-2004, 07:37 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

nornie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
Jacqueline

Jacqbu,

I think you'll find that everyone's is just a little different. Mine start with just a "funny" feeling - sort of like the beginning of a hypoglycemic attack - feel kind of hungry, but with an underlying nausea. Skin feels weird - like that crawly under the skin feeling. That all lasts for just a few seconds, then my face gets real hot, and then I begin to sweat everywhere - even the backs of my knees sweat! The only thing that helps is circulating air. Just making the room colder does not do it. A fan will make it go away. In fact, even walking around helps as at least there's some air moving around me then.

Nornie

Old 07-01-2004, 11:44 AM   #5
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

I'm not even sure if what I get are 'hot flashes' but this is what happens to me. Out of nowhere I get this weird feeling rush through my body which leaves me weak and scared. Sometimes I feel a warm rush with this 'surge' but I don't sweat with it. It starts sort of in my tummy area and rushes right up through me. Dr. says it probably is a 'hot flash' and that everybody feels differently with them and that the fact that I don't sweat doesn't mean it's not a 'hot flash'. I wish I knew though if "these surges" really are hot flashes or not. A lot of the times my legs go really weak as well and I am left miserable from the whole thing. Sometimes I can deal with them fine and more times I worry in case it's something else that's causing this feeling. Don't know if this is any help to you or not.

Maggie.

PS Can you tell us how you feel with them?

Last edited by alwaysaworrier; 07-01-2004 at 11:52 AM.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:12 PM   #6
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

I rarely get hot flashes anymore (when I DO, it's a reminder that I forgot my progesterone cream ) but when I get one it's kinda like all my pores open up at once...my skin feels like it's gasping for air or something...and then WHAM! every pore in my skin starts sweating and I'm majorly looking for a cold shower. TMI, I'm sure

Old 07-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Jacqbu,

I feel Nornie is right that everyone is different with what they feel with getting a hot flash or nightsweat for that matter. I do not get hot flashes very much and really don't know if what I have had classifies as having one but what I have felt once or twice is a feeling of being very hot or warm and just a weird feeling, like a "surge" like someone said in their post. Like I said I have only got them once or twice. I have got night sweats more often but not lately. I was getting them a lot in March and it was more like a real sweat that was waking me up and feeling like I had a fever. Oh and also got a bit of a heart palpitation with it. One time my heart was really racing with it.

A friend of mine gets hot flashes a LOT and her face actually gets red. I have been with her when she has had them and she looks red and gets sweaty. She carries a paper or silk fan with her in her purse and uses it alot for them.

Hope this helps.

rmc

Old 07-01-2004, 05:29 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I had one one time where my heart was racing like crazy. The sensation started at my chest and went up. It was quite scary. I have head them from the legs up.

Jacq.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:24 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysaworrier
I'm not even sure if what I get are 'hot flashes' but this is what happens to me. Out of nowhere I get this weird feeling rush through my body which leaves me weak and scared. Sometimes I feel a warm rush with this 'surge' but I don't sweat with it. It starts sort of in my tummy area and rushes right up through me. Dr. says it probably is a 'hot flash' and that everybody feels differently with them and that the fact that I don't sweat doesn't mean it's not a 'hot flash'. I wish I knew though if "these surges" really are hot flashes or not. A lot of the times my legs go really weak as well and I am left miserable from the whole thing. Sometimes I can deal with them fine and more times I worry in case it's something else that's causing this feeling. Don't know if this is any help to you or not.

Maggie.

PS Can you tell us how you feel with them?
Hi Maggie. You explained it totally. That's exactly how I feel. There are times I do sweat with them, but not profusely. But yes, it's the power surge. Or better yet, the Adrenaline surge.

Andrea

Closed Thread