It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2004, 06:11 AM   #1
Veteran

kc1216 HB User
Had my Endo yesterday

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your support yesterday! I'll tell ya, it was easier than going to the dentist. I was in and out of there within an hour. I don't remember much but I wasn't knocked out cold. They gave me some IV which made me feel real FINE. I know one of the drugs is Bentyl (sp?) and the other drug began with a V. Being a former addict, I made sure I asked.

It was cool because when I was done he handed me the pics he took of everything. The only thing he could find was irritation of my esophagus - but stomach and duodenum (whatever that is) is fine. So he took a biopsy of the irritated part and hopefully I'll hear soon. He says it's probably nothing other than irritation from my reflux. He's keeping me on the Aciphex but is taking me off the xanax When I run out of those - that is it. I asked him why since it helps me a great deal. He said I am sick from anxiety, probably caused by my hormones and other issues I have and I need to learn to deal with it off the xanax. Well I'll try but I'll tell ya, as soon as I feel the chest pains, I'll be buying the stuff online.

Anyway, went home and slept for two hours - I felt fine but just tired. Woke up fine.

Still don't like it one bit but I'll have to learn to deal with it.

kc

Old 07-01-2004, 07:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Had my Endo yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1216
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your support yesterday! I'll tell ya, it was easier than going to the dentist. I was in and out of there within an hour. I don't remember much but I wasn't knocked out cold. They gave me some IV which made me feel real FINE. I know one of the drugs is Bentyl (sp?) and the other drug began with a V. Being a former addict, I made sure I asked.

It was cool because when I was done he handed me the pics he took of everything. The only thing he could find was irritation of my esophagus - but stomach and duodenum (whatever that is) is fine. So he took a biopsy of the irritated part and hopefully I'll hear soon. He says it's probably nothing other than irritation from my reflux. He's keeping me on the Aciphex but is taking me off the xanax When I run out of those - that is it. I asked him why since it helps me a great deal. He said I am sick from anxiety, probably caused by my hormones and other issues I have and I need to learn to deal with it off the xanax. Well I'll try but I'll tell ya, as soon as I feel the chest pains, I'll be buying the stuff online.

Anyway, went home and slept for two hours - I felt fine but just tired. Woke up fine.

Still don't like it one bit but I'll have to learn to deal with it.

kc
Hey KC: Glad to hear everything came out okay. Listen, why don't you go see a therapist or Psych who will give you the Xanax. Tell them you are going through perimenopause and the Xanax helps your IBS and acid reflex. It helps mine too. So while you are going through therapy, you take the Xanax to help you deal with anxiety. It was wrong of your doc to take it away from you. Generally, during therapy, Xanax or other drugs are given to help you deal wtih anxiety. I think he is going through the wrong approach. And since you are an ex-addict, this is all the more reason you should go to therapy just like me and others who are having a hard time dealing with issues during perimenopause. I guarantee you will give yourself the answers you are looking for and you will learn how to deal with anxiety. I still have to take pinches here and there, my body has gotten sensitized. Here's a good book to read, and it's awesome. All about bad nerves, by Dr. Weekes. Get it, she's a Psych talking directly to you.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 08:06 AM   #3
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Hey Andrea,

He is a gastro so he pretty much doesn't think about the xanax/anxiety thing. I just looked up therapists from my company insurance plan. Pretty expensive - they don't pay towards much. I'm better off going to my groups and bulking up on womens groups - those are free. I can get the xanax online (have before) and a bottle lasts me about 2 months. It costs less this way. Believe me - I can't afford it these days.

How are you feeling?

kc

Old 07-01-2004, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Hey KC: Okay, yeah, I know therapy can be expensive. I'm okay, still waiting for my lovely peri friend to show up, still not around. I'm here and there with feelings right now, so can't really express one exact thing. I'm glad you are okay, though and just keep taking your aciphex. I haven't taken it for over a week now and am feeling pretty good. I do have some burning here and there and some flare up with IBS and I'm noticing this is related to hormonal changes and anxiety or emotional crisis, LOL

Andrea

Old 07-01-2004, 09:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi KC, Glad everything turned out ok. I hope that the irriatating isn't anything but I know you want some answers. Sorry about the xanax.
Hugs, Polly

Old 07-01-2004, 11:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

KC,

Glad that the endo went well and thanks for updating us. I know how you feel about the Xanax as it does help a great deal thru all this. Both my doctor and gyn suggested it to take when needed for the anxiety. You said he was your gastro, did he orignally prescribe the xanax or was it your gyn or primary care doctor? I am asking as I was wondering if you talked to your gyn if he or she would keep you on the Xanax when needed or help you thru it in other ways. A therapist is a good idea too and does help a lot of women thru this time.

Do some things today that you enjoy and be good to yourself as a treat for going thru the endo.

rmc

Old 07-01-2004, 11:28 AM   #7
Veteran

kc1216 HB User

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to hear your period hasn't shown up yet Andrea - maybe it won't come and maybe you are close to being done w/ it? But I know how it feels to wait for it - that's how mine used to be. Then I'd finally get it and not even two weeks later I'd get it again. I kept saying that my ovaries were taking turns

You and RMC are right though - I really think I need some therapy here. I'm going about this all wrong - doing it the addict's way - if someone won't give me something, I'll buy it off the streets - WRONG thinking. Thinking very WRONG lately - all this anxiety! Here I am overly worried about plans tonight - fireworks or movies - who the hell cares!? It shouldn't be a big deal but I am making a mountain out of it. Driving the hubby nuts. Well in my mind it's a big deal because it involves coordination with the kids, which ones want to do what and go where - different ages so different movie restrictions. See, off to my bad thinking and worrying again! I worry myself into not wanting to go. Right now, I'd rather sit at home in the dark smoking my cigarettes with calming music in the background.

So I did find a therapist that will take a copay the the rest will be put on a sliding scale - one problem - major waiting list. She is mailing me a form anyway so I'll fill it out and wait my turn I guess. Having it sent to me at work - hubby doesn't want me seeing a therapist and I am not going to tell him.

He thinks I should just read more of the Big Book which I've tried and hasn't helped. This isn't all from my past addictions like he thinks. This is a physical thing with me and i've never had any of this before and I've been clean a while now. Plus it all started with my periods getting out of whack and went down hill from there.

Oh a strange thing happened to me this afternoon. It was my stomach - I only had 1/2 of a turkey sandwich. About an hour after I ate it, it felt like there was a little man in my stomach (not running around with a lit match this time) but flipping a huge pancake over. It was a total spasm - anyone ever have that? It didn't hurt or anything - just very weird!

Thanks for listening to my rambles.

kc

Old 07-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi KC,

You should feel good about making the step to go to a therapist and even though there is a waiting list, you are on it and it is a step in the right direction for you. So congratulate yourself on that.

The anxiety is really awful during this time I can relate. I seem to fret over things that I usually would not and have to really talk to myself to not do that. But it is hard that is for sure. I have been pretty good May and June with all this peri stuff. Not that it all has gone away but it is far better than what it was in March and I still fret over will it come back. I know it is irrational and I should just go with the flow but hard to do sometimes when the hormones are playing tricks.

I agree with you that this is all related to the hormones being out of whack.

The flip flop you mention in the stomach...yes I have had that and like you said it was just a weird feeling. Didn't hurt or anything really just an odd sensation.

Hang in there and be sure to at some point this long weekend put on that calming music for yourself and relax and enjoy.

rmc

Closed Thread