It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
some test results back

I got the results back for my adrenals. All came back ok. She said my progesterone was in range. My free testosterone test has not come back yet and probably will be next week before I know. Do any of you have weakness in your legs? My ring finger on my left hand feels weak sometimes. I hate all these weird feelings in my body. I wonder if it's just high anxiety or perimenopause. Doctors make you doubt yourself.

Old 07-01-2004, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: some test results back

Jac, for you it is both. I know how hard it is to deal with this, but please accept it, that is the first step towards recovery. I go through sensitations of my body everyday, and if it gets really bad, I take some Xanax. I'm still taking the Prozac and have only been on it 5-6 weeks now and I should be taking more, but I'm not. Maybe I will later. Anyways, please read this book, I mean really read this book by Dr. Weekes. It will help you alot to realize that what you are feeling is your body trying to fool you and make you go into another panic attack. I have the dizzy's everyday, some days are worse than others. I have the weak jelly legs, or muscle weakness, the tingling in my hands, the pins and needles in my arms and hands, the neck pain, the back pains, the IBS and the irritable bladder, the crazy hormones, full anxiety, I have it all and so do many others here and on the PD board. So please, get the book by Dr. Weekes. It's old, published in 1969, she's a Psych and she will go through all of this with you.
Just because your hormones are in range has nothing to do with you going through perimenopause.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I'm going to look that book up and order it. I will do it tonight. God Bless us all.
Jacq.

Old 07-01-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I just now ordered the book. Thanks for the info.

Jacqueline

Old 07-01-2004, 06:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Jacqueline,you will really do well with the book. I'm glad you got it. There is a small part about menopause in there, cause women with meno can get anxiety so bad. So you have both. If you follow the book, it will help you get over the hump. It's related to bad nerves. In other words stress, stress from hormone changes, nervous breakdown (now you're not having a nervous breakdown, so don't go get this in your head) all a nervous breakdown is just stressed to the max and it's not harmful. Actually people who have had breakdowns really know how to get back on their feet and live a life better. But it deals with Panic/anxiety attacks which can come with hormonal changes. A racing heart is normal and will not kill you with panic attacks and with your period. Even during ovulation if you are still ovulating. WE can go a long time with a racing heart.

Blessings,

Andrea

Closed Thread