It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2004, 06:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
How does indigestion feel?

I don't know if I have indigestion or not. I was wondering how it felt for those who suffer from it. How long does it last and do you have belching and gas or stomach burning or pains? Also, do you still get it even though you are taking drugs to prevent it? Does irritable bowel or bladder go along with it? Thanks.

Old 07-03-2004, 08:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: How does indigestion feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twanger
I don't know if I have indigestion or not. I was wondering how it felt for those who suffer from it. How long does it last and do you have belching and gas or stomach burning or pains? Also, do you still get it even though you are taking drugs to prevent it? Does irritable bowel or bladder go along with it? Thanks.

Yes to all of your questions. It burns, it hurts, there is pain and there is gas, belching, farting, you name it and there is gas that rumbles through the stomach. Could be constipated, could have diarrhea, could have neither and can't go. Well, I guess that would be constipation. LOL I take aciphex or protonix for the acid reflex and yes, they work but you have to take them everyday until things calm down. I'm not taking mine,haven't for a week now and I'm okay.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Thank you. That's exactly how I feel even when I am on Nexium.

Old 07-03-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Nexium does not do much for many, includingmyself. Aciphex worked the best for me and my mom. Now I have protonix cause my insurance company won't pay for aciphex, and it doesn't work like aciphex does. I would talk to your doc about switching and try it for about 4 weeks. It took me that long, maybe a bit longer and I still would have sporadic burning, etc when close to my period.

Andrea

Old 07-04-2004, 07:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Thanks. I had tried Prilosec in the past, and now that you mentioned it, it did work better than Nexium. Maybe I will try something else. Thanks for the suggestion.

Closed Thread