It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 08:29 PM   #1

bellamia1 HB User
VERY SORE BREASTS - PLEASE HELP !!! using ProgestaCare

Hi,
I responed to someone with a problem with sore breasts - - but I left out some info . . .

I am 53 and I have been MISERABLE with VERY SORE breasts.
I began using PROGESTACARE
for 2 months. I went to the health store because of this very reason - - SORE BREASTS ! I don't know if this is worse than before I started to use it -- - - - does it get worse before it gets better????

Progesta Care conytains 480 mg. of USP grade progesterone per ounce of cream.

I still have periods ( sigh ) and I never had this much sensitivity and swelling in my breasts. I had a mammo and it was fine and my dr. told met that the FSH results are not conclusive. He told me to use the progesterone cream for a couple of months.

I didn't know we could use too much of the cream.

Is there anyone out there with the same symptoms. My breasts are sore, swollen and the nipples hurt, too . . . . even taking a shower is killing me !!! I just ended my period that I had after 30 days . . . . WHY DO THEY HURT SO MUCH??? I NEVER HAD THIS BEFORE !!!!

I take 800 mg. Vitamin E . . . Flax seed capsules, Evening Primrose Oil and Omega 3. I wear a supportive bra and it actually hurt when I sat in the tub and by breast touched my leg when I bent my leg to shave it.

I'll try anything.

I would appreciate any help with this problem of sore breasts.
It is awful !
Thank you.
bellamia1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 08:00 AM   #2

mtngrl57 HB User
Re: VERY SORE BREASTS - PLEASE HELP !!! using ProgestaCare

I have had months that my breast were terribly sore too! I also had my last period for two months! Yuck! I have used progesterone cream for about a month and have felt a bit better. I haven't had a period since the end of May I think. I had huge clots with it too.

Have you spoke to your doctor about it too? I don't know why some months I have had terrible pain and others not so much. I sure hope you start feeling better. I know what you are feeling!
Mt.

Old 07-06-2004, 01:37 PM   #3
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I too have had extremely tender breasts for as least 5 months now. They have also doubled in size. I am so uncomfortable and feel awful. I am aware of the soreness most of the time. Today I saw my gyno and she said it was because of low progesterron and to much estrogen. I was doing natural progesterone cream for over a year and it kept me regular. Now I have not had a period in 4 1/2 months and also feel bloated. The progesteron cream seemed to stop working for me so I stopped.
I empathize with you. It is an awful sensation and really can make daily life uncomfortable.No bra seems to help. It also takes away from intimacy with my husband because of the soreness .

Old 07-06-2004, 03:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

In John Lee's book "What you doctor may not tell you about premenopause", he suggests the following for painful breasts:

*Use natural progesterone cream
*take a good multivitamin/mineral daily that includes 10 mg zinc, B complex, 400 IU Vitamin E, 300-400 mg magnesium, 500-1000 mg of vitamin C.
*Use a liver supporting and detoxifying herbal formula that includes some or all of the following herbs: Bupleurum, milk thistle, barberry or goldenseal, burdock root, yellow dock, dandelion root.
*Use a women's herbal formula that includes some or all of the following herbs: Vitex, blue cohosh, wild yam, dong quai.

What to avoid
* caffiene
* estrogen dominance
* dairy products
* feed lot meats (eat only range fed organic meats free of drugs and pesticide residues)

I hope that this information helps you out because it sounds like you are in misery.

Closed Thread