It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 08:38 PM   #1

bellamia1 HB User
Sore Breasts, Please Help ! Using Progesta Care Cream

I am 53 and I have been MISERABLE with VERY SORE breasts. I posted a reply to another member's question..... but I really need more advice.

I began using PROGESTACARE for 2 months. I went to the health store because of breast tenderness and swelling. The lady told me the progesterone is the answer. My dr. said the FSH is inconclusive and just to try the cream. I had a mammo and it was fine . . . . .

I still have periods ( sigh ) and I never had this much sensitivity and swelling in my breasts. The nipples are so sore - -- - I am not drinking caffeine - - I did have instant coffee this morning DECAFFEINATED . . I hope that is o.k.

I didn't know we could use too much of the cream.
Can that be a problem or haven't I used the cream long enough?????

Is there anyone out there with the same symptoms. My breasts are sore, swollen and the nipples hurt, too . . . . even taking a shower is killing me !!!

I just ended my period ( it was 30 days this month) and since it is over, I thought I would get relief . . . . I am still miserable.

I take 800 mg. Vitamin E, Flax seed oil ( 1,000-2,000 mg) Evening Primrose Oil ( 1-2,000mg) and Omega 3 - !000mg EVERY DAY. The Vitamin E seemed to help for a while but I can't stand this !

I would appreciate any help with this problem of sore breasts.
Did any of you ever have this problem - -- that lasts for months ?????

It is awful !
Thank you.
bellamia1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 06:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Sore Breasts, Please Help ! Using Progesta Care Cream

It's a possibility that you have not used the progesterone creme long enough. I remember having soar breasts and nipples too in the beginning and that eventually subsided. I would have your hormones evaluated, possibly and progesterone and estrogen test and also FSH. I would also have your Pituatary gland tested to see if there is a possibility that you are producing too much prolactin which can cause nipple discharge and breast tenderness. YOu haven't been using the progesterone creme long enough to see if that were the cause. Were your breasts soar before you began using the progesterone creme? If so, then I would say you are most likely estrogen dominant and using the progesterone creme would be a good solution for you in the long run. Also, I wouldn't use more than 20 mg. daily and if you are still menstruating and regular, I would begin using it on day 14. How old are you?

Andrea

Old 07-06-2004, 07:10 AM   #3

bellamia1 HB User
Re: Sore Breasts, Please Help ! Using Progesta Care Cream

Thanks for writing, Andrea, I really appreciate it.

I am 53. My breasts were sore before and now- - they are hevy, sore and swollen. I am so disgusted. I am going to my dr. tomorrow - - - I will have to ask for the tests . . . he always tells me they are inconclusive. My periods are not as regular as they were. I was always every 26 days. Now I am 30 days, then 18 days, then 27 days, etc.

I read where you can have too much progesterone. I think you are right about the estrogen dominance and that's why I started the prog. cream.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
This really is getting to me.

Maria

Closed Thread