It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 05:20 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
tongue please reply

Do any of you get weird sensations in your tongue. Mine feels strange sometimes. It's doing it right now. Kinda like a tingling sensation.

Thanks,
Jacq.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 05:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: tongue please reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
Do any of you get weird sensations in your tongue. Mine feels strange sometimes. It's doing it right now. Kinda like a tingling sensation.

Thanks,
Jacq.
My tongue burns periodically and I know, it's extremely irritating.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 06:42 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I wonder what causes that. Wierd.

Old 07-07-2004, 09:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
I wonder what causes that. Wierd.

HORMONES! Many women in menopause feel this. It is also anxiety. Perimenopause can cause a very rough ride, leaving one feeling full of anxiety. Yes, anxiety can come by itself alone and cause hormones to go off balance, but that is not what is happening here! We are at the age where ovulation is not occurring as frequently if at all. This in itself is a drastic change to the body by hormones beginning to decline. The body begins to react, we pay attention to the body and therefore get anxious and get anxiety. This is why I say, do not pay attention if you canhelp it. I get dizzy's, muscle twitches, etc almost everyday and I just have to keep walking otherwise I would be a basket case and full of panic attacks!

ANdrea

Old 07-07-2004, 09:16 AM   #5
(female)

glamdais HB User

I have periods of a few months where it feels like my tongue is constantly burning like I scorched it. It quit doing it for awhile, but now it's doing it again. My dentist gave me some mouthwash and it seems to help a bit.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdais
I have periods of a few months where it feels like my tongue is constantly burning like I scorched it. It quit doing it for awhile, but now it's doing it again. My dentist gave me some mouthwash and it seems to help a bit.
Must be unbearable! I guess having that burning sensation must be another symptom ...each person probably have it in different places...I had burning scorching arms and feet! It hurt really bad too .... felt like I was on fire.

Old 07-07-2004, 08:10 PM   #7
(female)

sunny6 HB User

Molly, dear, did you burning feet ever get better? I have that and it's been a real problem for over 2 years, since perimenopause. The latest theory is that it is due to an adrenal imbalance. I'd love to hear what worked for you.

Hugs,
Sunny

Old 07-08-2004, 08:55 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny6
Molly, dear, did you burning feet ever get better? I have that and it's been a real problem for over 2 years, since perimenopause. The latest theory is that it is due to an adrenal imbalance. I'd love to hear what worked for you.

Hugs,
Sunny
Sunny, where did u get the theory it is from adrenaline inbalance? I'm curious.

Andrea

Old 07-08-2004, 11:02 AM   #9
(female)

sunny6 HB User

Anderea, dear, my MD, an integrative genius who uses blood, saliva tests and also temperature charting and ...symptoms, diagnosed my burning feet as being related to adrenal fatigue. It took me alot of searching until I found someone who really was able to begin to help by putting all the puzzle pieces together. You can learn about thyroid/adrenal problems by doing a search. It may not be appropriate for you, but it sure can cause some souls alot of distress. Good luck to you.

Molly, I do hope your feet are better. It's such a misery, isn't it? I hope you will see this note and write back.

Wellness to all of us,
Sunny

Old 07-08-2004, 12:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Quote:

Hugs,
Sunny
Hi Sunny,
My feet are no longer burning. I have been feeling fine since Jan. 04 of this year. I could say I am symptom free - but am continuing to post and read this board b/c I want to maintain the connection with the ladies here.

I am sure I had adrenal imbalance! I felt off balanced! My arms/feet felt so hot that I had to soak them in cold water! Can't say when it actually stopped. Had pins & needles on my feet too. Can't tell you what I did to rid the burning arms/feet, but I can tell you what I went through.

My dr. put me on Paxil CR 12.5 mg. Within a week, I felt better but still not perfect. Then started to be able to concentrate and focus long enough to scan through some of the books I got and do research on the computer. Read that exercise helped get rid of anxiety so I started dancing a little around the house (Madonna's Greatest Hits) - noticed the internal shakes lessen while doing this. It was the only form of exercise for me at the time. I started working out with Walking tapes, which lessen the pins & needles on my feet. I also had this "fight" attitude - meaning, this determination to beat it and not let myself feel bad again.

Found the power-surge.com site where a lot of women had some of these unusual symptoms (the internal shakes, the burning)....felt better that it was menopausal related afterall. I started taking Revival Soy to help rid hot flashes/night sweats. Don't have them anymore. Think the burning arms/feet are related to hot flashes somehow. Do you get hot flashes/night sweats?

Went on all the peri-zappers that "Before the Change" book recommended. So, I'm taking Vits C, E, D, B complex, B6, B12, magneisum, zinc, flaxseed oil, calcium, evening primrose oil EVERYDAY still. You have to take enough of them too - not just what the bottle recommends. Are you familiar with this book? I also try to eat better, still drink coffee though.....

It will go away, Sunny.....I know it's uncomfortable....try to think positive!

Hugs,
Molly

Old 07-08-2004, 12:35 PM   #11
(female)

sunny6 HB User

Big hugs back to you, Molly,

Super that it went away for you!! I tried all of those suggestions and it was so kind of you to take the time and post all of your various remedies.
I have also had a very high BP and my Doctor has helped to bring that down with herbal extracts and also meds. Now we are focusing on the adrenals..I guess they took a severe "hit" when my hormones changed.
You are so precious and I am so happy to hear that you are feeling so much better. I've had this burning for over 2 years and it feels like I am ready...more than ready..for a break form this pain.

Blessings,
Sunny

Last edited by sunny6; 07-08-2004 at 04:10 PM.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Big hugs back to you, Molly,

Super that it went away for you!! I tried all of those suggestions and it was so kind of you to take the time and post all of your various remedies.
I have also had a very high BP and my Doctor has helped to bring that down with herbal extracts and also meds. Now we are focusing on the adrenals..I guess they took a severe "hit" when my hormones changed.
You are so precious and I am so happy to hear that you are feeling so much better. I've had this burning for over 2 years and it feels like I am ready...more than ready..for a break form this pain.

Blessings,
Sunny
Sunny, what's going on with your adrenalines. I and others here would like to hear about this.

Andrea

Old 07-08-2004, 05:02 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

[
Quote:
QUOTE=sunny6]Big hugs back to you, Molly,

Blessings,
Sunny
[/QUOTE]

Sunny,
Ok, I have my magic wand out and I am now zapping all your symptoms away ! Zap!!! Zap!!

I can't imagine having to feel weird, that burning sensation, and just plain bad for years. I had a hard enough 5-month time! But I'm a total wimp and crybaby when it comes to not feeling well.

As for now, just b/c I feel fine now doesn't mean I don't ever worry about having a relapse of some kind. I find myself having to take deep breaths sometimes just to not get myself into some anxiety. What I went through last year was the worse time of my life and there was a time when I even felt suicidal ... of course, they were just thoughts...didn't do anything. I know how this whole menopause stuff can get to you, day in and day out! I'm sorry those remedies didn't work for you....did you stick with it long?? Just hang in there....IT WILL GO AWAY!! THIS IS ALL TEMPORARY!! WE WILL SURVIVE THE CURSE!

molly

Old 07-08-2004, 06:55 PM   #14
(female)

sunny6 HB User

Molly, dear, thanks for your healing wand. What a sweet angel you are. I really believe that everything that we go through can make us bitter or better people...obviously you are of the better variety. I truly want your good health to hold and I strongly suspect that it will. When our bodies are provided with what they need, their natural inclination is wellness...and you have been providing your body with the right things that it needs.

My search finally uncovered a real gem of a doctor who understands the endocrine system and is very holistic. Prior to connecting with him, I had alot of experimentation with other docs and no real success. I tend to do best with his approach, which is geared towards a combination of both natural and conventional therapy. I also welcome prayers form all the gentle spirits on this board who help to cheer us on.

Blessings to all, and thanks, Molly, for the magical zap,
Sunny

Closed Thread