It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
testosterone test back

I got my testosterone results back. I did the salvia one and it had my testosterone really high so my dr. ordered a blood test. This is what came back.

Testosterone free and total 29 (15-70) premenopausal
% free testosterone 2.14 (0.5-1.8) premenopausal
testosterone, free 6.2 (1.0-6.7) premenopausal

I don't know what the difference is between the % free testosterone and testosterone, free is. Does anyone?

It is so confusing.

Thanks,
Jacq.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: testosterone test back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
I got my testosterone results back. I did the salvia one and it had my testosterone really high so my dr. ordered a blood test. This is what came back.

Testosterone free and total 29 (15-70) premenopausal
% free testosterone 2.14 (0.5-1.8) premenopausal
testosterone, free 6.2 (1.0-6.7) premenopausal

I don't know what the difference is between the % free testosterone and testosterone, free is. Does anyone?

It is so confusing.

Thanks,
Jacq.

Jacqueline:

Don't worry about reading the tests. What did ur doc say? You are definitely premenopausal and that's perimenopause. There are no definite answers except listening and reading to all who post on perimenopause. You have every symptom of it and if they've done all the tests for major problems and found you clean as a whistle, then you are totally perimenopause. It's hard, I know, but there isn't really any cure either except to let nature take its course. Feel free and comfortable that we are all going through hell with this and vent, vent, vent and then try to not let it control your life. I've been going through this for almost 5 months now, had it before, but worsened over these past 5 months, I didn't even get a period in June. I'm beginning to get the hot flashes again and the sweats, and the trembles, as I call it, and the IBS, so it must be right around the corner, God Bless it's little heart! LOL How long have you been feeling this way? And if you are still feeling bad, the doc needs to get you off of Zoloft and put you onto something else, really. The meds are a trial and error and if it's not working and making you feel at least a little less anxious, then you need to go on to another drug. I wish you the best and I'm here for you.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2004, 04:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

I've been doing better. The zoloft must be helping. I called and got the results from the nurse, I don't see the doctor until Aug. 1st. I had the nurse fax them to me. My period started today. 24 days this time. It has been at 25 days the last 4 months. I used to be more late than early. I spoke with my aunt and found out she went through it at 38. She was one of the lucky ones. Just quit having a period and that was that. My mom's other sister went through it at 43 and had a real hard time. My mom had a hysterectemy(sp) at 40. So I guess it seems I would go through it at 42. I appreciate all your help. Venting on these boards really helps.

Jacqueline

Old 07-07-2004, 05:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

well now you have your answers. Now what you need to do as I am doing, is begin to desensitize the anxiety. Do not lose patience, you won't get rid of it overnight. I'm here if you need me. Did u get the book by Dr. Weekes yet?

Andrea

Old 07-07-2004, 06:55 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

The book has not got here yet. Should any day now. I look forward to reading it. Have you heard of zyprexa? My doctor has me taking it to. I take 5mg at night but would like to stop. I'm taking 75 mg of zoloft a day. I guess he gave me zyprexa because I was crying all the time. Real emotional mess. Just since I've been taking it I want to eat all the time. It's crazy.

Take care,
Jacqueline

Old 07-08-2004, 07:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
The book has not got here yet. Should any day now. I look forward to reading it. Have you heard of zyprexa? My doctor has me taking it to. I take 5mg at night but would like to stop. I'm taking 75 mg of zoloft a day. I guess he gave me zyprexa because I was crying all the time. Real emotional mess. Just since I've been taking it I want to eat all the time. It's crazy.

Take care,
Jacqueline
No, never heard of it. I want to eal all the time from Prozac and I take such a small amount. LOL

Andrea

Old 07-09-2004, 06:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

High free Testosterone usually means a high sex drive.

is that the case here?

Closed Thread