It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2004, 09:28 AM   #1
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Almost went to the hospital last night

I have not had a period for 5 months . This week I had an accupunture treatment- my first for perimenopause and also saw my gyno just for my anual check up. I was feeling pretty good and then two days ago my breasts felt like they blew up like ballons and my stomach was so extended. I did not pay any attention to it thinking it was the peri stuff- well yes I got my period that night.
I usually seldom have cramps and have had light periods. But this one is intense. The pain I was experiencing yesterday was so intense and unbearable my husband wanted me to go to the hospital emergency room. I was having cold and hot chills and got very nauseaous. Many years ago I had toxic shock and was hospitalized and it felt a little like that. The pain is centered about 1 1/2 inches or so below my belly button in my pelvic area. I took a vicodan and it put me out. The pain was subdued by it but was still there. This lasted throughout the evening and this morning I am feeling weak and tire. The pain is not so bad now but it hasn't let up. Also I am bleeding heavier then normal.
So can anyone relate to this or is this part of peri-menopause?
I called my gyno this morning and am waiting to see if I should have an ultra sound. I never had fibroids or any problems in the past like this.

Old 07-09-2004, 12:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Almost went to the hospital last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo pie
I have not had a period for 5 months . This week I had an accupunture treatment- my first for perimenopause and also saw my gyno just for my anual check up. I was feeling pretty good and then two days ago my breasts felt like they blew up like ballons and my stomach was so extended. I did not pay any attention to it thinking it was the peri stuff- well yes I got my period that night.
I usually seldom have cramps and have had light periods. But this one is intense. The pain I was experiencing yesterday was so intense and unbearable my husband wanted me to go to the hospital emergency room. I was having cold and hot chills and got very nauseaous. Many years ago I had toxic shock and was hospitalized and it felt a little like that. The pain is centered about 1 1/2 inches or so below my belly button in my pelvic area. I took a vicodan and it put me out. The pain was subdued by it but was still there. This lasted throughout the evening and this morning I am feeling weak and tire. The pain is not so bad now but it hasn't let up. Also I am bleeding heavier then normal.
So can anyone relate to this or is this part of peri-menopause?
I called my gyno this morning and am waiting to see if I should have an ultra sound. I never had fibroids or any problems in the past like this.
That has happened to me. And the last two periods have been so painful I was almost ready to go to the ER. I wasn't bleeding real hard and I have fibroids and cysts but it wasn't from that, just peri. Just make sure you weren't pregnant or fibroids, cysts, etc. before you totally hang it up to peri.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2004, 04:18 PM   #3

Flamecat HB User

Hi Armadillo Pie;
I went last year with no period for 3 months and had a horrible period when I finally did get around to having one. I would suggest going to your doctor or telling him/her about this. It sounds like it's out of the norm for you. I have very heavy periods, have had all my life, but I have fibroids and endometriosis. Sorry to hear about your trouble, and I hope you get it checked out and you are o.k.
Sue

Old 07-09-2004, 07:37 PM   #4
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Thank you both for your replies. It makes me feel heard, which is something I did not feel from my gyno when I called her today after I wrote that post. I told her of the excruicating pain and the hot and cold spells and nausea. She said it was all related to have not having my period for 5 months and I was having contractions. I do not have fibroids so that is not it. Then she told me to take Aygstin- a synthetic form of progesterone for 7 days each month and I will get my period regularly. I told her i did not want to take anything synthetic nor anything I do not know about. She seemed pretty focus on her way and I felt totally unmet and unheard by her. I said I would do the natural progesterone cream and she said she does not believe in it. She also would not schedule an ultra-sound to rule out anything else.
Today my period is heavy and I have cramps all day but compared to last night I can handle them. Last night was the worse pain I have ever had in my life other then when I had the toxic shock. I can not imagine ever experiencing anything like that again. Have you heard of this Aygstin?

Last edited by armadillo pie; 07-09-2004 at 07:39 PM.

Old 07-10-2004, 04:14 AM   #5

Flamecat HB User

Hi Armadillo Pie;
I think I saw some posts in the "women's health" section of this site for Aygstin, you may want to try looking at those. Hope you feel better!
Sue

Closed Thread