It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

Carmz HB User
Progesterone creme

I am just wondering about the dosage of progesterone creme. The box says 1/4 tsp twice a day but I am a lot heavier than a lot of people-Would I need to use more-It seems to make sense to me.

Old 07-13-2004, 09:55 AM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: Progesterone creme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmz
I am just wondering about the dosage of progesterone creme. The box says 1/4 tsp twice a day but I am a lot heavier than a lot of people-Would I need to use more-It seems to make sense to me.
If I were you, I'd start out with the minimum dose recommended (1/4 tsp ONCE a day) and increase to 2x per day if it has no significant effect on your hot flashes.
By the way, I'm the Board's peri-zapper cheerleader so I highly recommend that you start the other peri-zappers recommended in Ann Louise Gittleman's book, Before the Change. Used in conjunction with the cream, peri-zappers have pretty much controlled all my peri/menopausal symptoms.
Now...if someone could tell me how to control m'inner brat, I'd be all set

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2004, 12:04 PM   #3

JVCrane HB User
Cool Re: Progesterone creme

undefined
Ah-h-h-h...how progresterone cream has helped me with my perimenopausal symptoms!

I have fibroids, endometriosis, cysts on my ovaries, lightheadedness, hair loss, muscle aches, and heavy periods which made me anemic and caused fast, irregular heartbeat and landed me in the ER twice.

Since I have been taking iron, b12, folic acid, Vit. C and using my Progesterone cream I am doing much better and actually returned to work part time. But, you have to be sure to buy the right progresterone cream.

Dr. John Lee has specific guidelines for the cream. I use Pro-Help from Dr. Pesanti. It costs $19 and lasts for 2 months. A 1/4-1/2 twice daily is what I use and I am 120 lbs.

Good luck,
Jo Ann

Old 07-14-2004, 12:39 PM   #4
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I was prescribed progesterone cream by my doctor of Chinese medicine. This is how he has me take it.
From day 7 of my period ( count the first day of your period as day one) I take 1/4 teaspoon progesterone cream, rubbing each day on different soft parts of my body ( thigh, butt, underside of arms, face, palms and sole of feet, etc.) From day 15 to day 27 I increase the cream to 1/2 teaspoon.
On day 27 I stop the cream and wait for my period to come- sometimes it comes eariler and I stop the cream during that time.
If you do not get a period then you count the first day of the full moon as your 1st day of your period and do the above.
This seems to really work and has for a long time.
I do not think weight has anything to do with dosage- I am 100 pounds and take a dose that my doctor tells all his women.

Old 07-21-2004, 04:22 PM   #5

Marlyns HB User

I used a progesterone cream from Neways for a couple of years. I live in Canada and I had to become a Neways distributor to get the cream for my personal use. It really helped me with breast lumps. When I used it I wasn't having many hot flashes. I quit using it because I could never seem to get any information about the amount of Progesterone in the cream and it was a hassle to order. The Neways cream was also mentioned in John Lee's books.

Old 07-21-2004, 05:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I have a question and I'm quite confused here. I've been using Natragest Nat. Progesterone creme for almost 3 years now. I began the cycle change in Feb., period every two weeks, spotting in between, hot flashes, etc., then finally it came regular in April and then two weeks late in May and skipped JUne, and so far nothing in July. I began the progesterone creme on the 16th day of my cycle which was the middle of June. Well, haven't gotten a period yet and I'm still using the progesterone creme, but just a dabb. I'm afraid to just stop it eruptly cause I might start that spotting, hot flashes, etc. Can anyone give me advice here, please?

Andrea

Old 07-21-2004, 08:37 PM   #7
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I don't know if this will help you but I was told that if you skip a period (s) and am not sure when to start the progsterone cream what you do is wait for the next full moon. Just pretend that the full moon is day 1 of your period and then wait 7 days to begin the cream. Do 1/4 tsp from day 7 to day 15, then on day 15 to day 27 do 1/2 tsp per day. Stop on day 27 and wait- your period should come within a few days unless you are in menopause or close to it. Sometimes it will regulate you but witht he peri thing who knows. OUr bodies are having an internal revolution.

Old 07-22-2004, 06:59 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo pie
I don't know if this will help you but I was told that if you skip a period (s) and am not sure when to start the progsterone cream what you do is wait for the next full moon. Just pretend that the full moon is day 1 of your period and then wait 7 days to begin the cream. Do 1/4 tsp from day 7 to day 15, then on day 15 to day 27 do 1/2 tsp per day. Stop on day 27 and wait- your period should come within a few days unless you are in menopause or close to it. Sometimes it will regulate you but witht he peri thing who knows. OUr bodies are having an internal revolution.
Okay, so stopping the progesterone creme suddenly won't make me off balance and start crazy bleeding, will it?

Andrea

Old 07-23-2004, 07:18 AM   #9
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I don't know if stopping the progesterone cream will make you bleed like you say. I would guess it depends on where in the cycle you stopped. It if was close to your normal cycle then I would guess that it could cause you to bleed.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #10
Inactive

beautyqueen911 HB User

Ainfante, my doctor had me go off the progesterone cream for a couple months and it did not make me have a period or spot. My period just came when it normally would. And it also does not bring back any symptoms right away - at least in my case it didn't. Now that I've been off of it for a couple months, I am starting to get a few symptoms back like joint pain, headaches, etc. I plan on starting it again after my next period. I DO HAVE A QUESTION THO ON THE PERI ZAPPERS. I have been taking an oil blend as she suggests in her book. But she says to take two tablespoons per day. The capsules I am taking say that 14 capsules equal one tablespoon, but the directions are 3 capsules per day. Am I missing something here?? There's no way I'm taking 14 of these capsules!! Is she maybe just talking about if you are taking the liquid form of flaxseed??

Old 07-23-2004, 10:23 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I would have to check on that since I'm not using it. I have the book and I'll try to look it up. Maybe someone else on this board can help you on this one.

Andrea

Old 07-23-2004, 11:55 AM   #12
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyqueen911
I DO HAVE A QUESTION THO ON THE PERI ZAPPERS. I have been taking an oil blend as she suggests in her book. But she says to take two tablespoons per day. The capsules I am taking say that 14 capsules equal one tablespoon, but the directions are 3 capsules per day. Am I missing something here?? There's no way I'm taking 14 of these capsules!! Is she maybe just talking about if you are taking the liquid form of flaxseed??
Yes, she is! If, however, you mistakenly bought the capsule form, in order to get the correct dosage, you wouldn't need to take 14- you'd need to take 28!! So my advice is to save the capsules for when you're traveling (without access to refrigeration) and buy the liquid oil (it needs refrigeration).
'S what I do, anyhoo!!

Old 07-23-2004, 04:31 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

With hormones fluctuating so much how do you know when to use progesterone cream?

Jacq.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:40 PM   #14

PJG HB User

Does anyone use ground flaxseeds? If so, what symptoms has it helped you with.
Thanks
Pat

Old 07-24-2004, 09:01 AM   #15
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Jacqub- read the post I added in this section about when to progesteron cream if your cycle is not regular. It had worked for me.

Closed Thread