It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 05:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Orgasm and perimenopause

Okay ladies, I'm not going nuts but never had this before. I recently had sex with my honey and after having an orgasm, my muscles were trembling, my muscles were twitching everywhere and my left eye. I realize this is stress or nerves, haven't gotten my period at all for June, still hasn't come yet, although it feels it is. Now, this has never happened to me before and I've been sexless for 4 to 5 months since feeling this perimenopause thing. I know I felt it other ways in the past, but this with anxiety has been the worst trip I've ever been on. I got up and my legs were wobbly, I felt weak and my muscles were still twitching. I kept walking through it. For the past 6 months, I have not had regular periods. They were coming two weeks apart, hot flashes, spotting, etc. then one month I got it right on time, I guess and then the next month it was two weeks over the time with hot flashes at the end and alot of menstrual pain. Then I skipped June and here is July and I have not a period yet. But what gets to me, is I'm tryng to have a normal sex life, but after what I felt today, I'm just wondering if having sex is even worth it anymore. It was quite uncomfortable after the orgasm and then the trembling and muscle twitches just really almost sent me over the edge. Anyone else experiencing this horror? LOL

Andrea

Old 07-21-2004, 04:19 PM   #2

Marlyns HB User
Re: Orgasm and perimenopause

Well, I haven't experienced what you describe . . . I just can't seem to have orgasms any more. This has never been a problem for me in the past. Another interesting "change" at this stage of life! <sigh>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 05:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Orgasm and perimenopause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlyns
Well, I haven't experienced what you describe . . . I just can't seem to have orgasms any more. This has never been a problem for me in the past. Another interesting "change" at this stage of life! <sigh>
I went through that no sex, no desire bit when I first began to have hot flashes and everything began to change. Now, the sexual appetite is coming back a bit.

Andrea

Closed Thread