It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 05:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User
kidney stones Andrea

Hi Andrea, If your stone is 7mm then you can get something done I am sure.
I am kind of surprised they haven't broken that up already.
Did you have a KUB Xray. (Kidney,Urthra.Badder) Sometimes they do an IVP dye xray too. I am allegic to IVP dye after the 3rd time. lol
So they just do an Cat Scan on me now or a KUB.
When you find out what they will do and if you have any questions ask away.
I had my first stone in 90 or did I Tell you then when I moved where I am here I have had .. let me see.. 1 stone was 7mm I think,Then I had 3.(passed one of those and then they broke up the other two) Then last time was the 10mm. Now, they are watching the 4 I have now. I guess I am just a stoner. lol
I think these are growing slower. Due to the water pill I take. It helps keep the calicum out of the kidneys. I have a calcium leak. You may not though.
Hope you have a great day, Hugs, Polly

Old 07-14-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: kidney stones Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by snodove
Hi Andrea, If your stone is 7mm then you can get something done I am sure.
I am kind of surprised they haven't broken that up already.
Did you have a KUB Xray. (Kidney,Urthra.Badder) Sometimes they do an IVP dye xray too. I am allegic to IVP dye after the 3rd time. lol
So they just do an Cat Scan on me now or a KUB.
When you find out what they will do and if you have any questions ask away.
I had my first stone in 90 or did I Tell you then when I moved where I am here I have had .. let me see.. 1 stone was 7mm I think,Then I had 3.(passed one of those and then they broke up the other two) Then last time was the 10mm. Now, they are watching the 4 I have now. I guess I am just a stoner. lol
I think these are growing slower. Due to the water pill I take. It helps keep the calicum out of the kidneys. I have a calcium leak. You may not though.
Hope you have a great day, Hugs, Polly
I had the cat scan, remember. No, couldn't do the dye, have a bad reaction.
So how are you otherwise. Almost took a Xanax today, but didn't so far. Still no period, hmmm, almost two months if I don't get it this week or next week. Well, some peri this is, LOL I'm on an anxious role again.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2004, 06:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi Andrea, I know about the reaction to the dye. Got my blood done today but they didn't call yet like last week early but am sure they will tomorrow.
I am very uptight right now. Have a headache and very nervous. I think it is the peri going on. Just stress too. Period should be here soon.
Will let you know how my eye thing goes tomorrow. Just got back from the eye surgery and it went well. Geez did he charge enough to do that. I figured 200 maybe try 700... or a little more..I know money isn't everything. That didn't take more than 45 mins in his office. Glad I got it done though. Hope you are going well.
Hugs ,Polly

Last edited by snodove; 07-15-2004 at 07:49 AM.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hi Andrea, I know about the reaction to the dye. Got my blood done today but they didn't call yet like last week early but am sure they will tomorrow.
I am very uptight right now. Have a headache and very nervous. I think it is the peri going on. Just stress too. Period should be here soon.
Will let you know how my eye thing goes tomorrow. Just got back from the eye surgery and it went well. Geez did he charge enough to do that. I figured 200 maybe try 700... or a little more..I know money isn't everything. That didn't take more than 45 mins in his office. Glad I got it done though. Hope you are going well.
Hugs ,Polly
Wow expensive! Unbelievable. And you want to know why people can't afford medical care! I'm glad you are doing well. I haven't gotten myperiod yet and todayis day 47. I keep feeling it coming but not here and yes, I'm very uptight and nervous too. Actually, when Iget angry now or upset, my hands shake, LOL

hugs Andrea

Old 07-15-2004, 12:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Ahh bless your heart. Yes, glad for health insurance.. geez...
Our payments are $336 so I guess I paid for that already. lol
I hope you feel better. I had to take a xanax today. I feel some better. hugs, Polly

Old 07-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Ahh bless your heart. Yes, glad for health insurance.. geez...
Our payments are $336 so I guess I paid for that already. lol
I hope you feel better. I had to take a xanax today. I feel some better. hugs, Polly

I'm about ready to take a Xanax. I don't know how you feel with your hormones, but I feel with my period feeling closer to come, like my legs are wobbly, just anxiety through my body. Just trembley.

Andrea

Old 07-16-2004, 07:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi Andrea, I do that sometimes. Sometimes I get a funny feeling you know where and it drives me nuts... and I just get weak in my legs sometimes. Like they weight alot.
That xanax helped yesterday. Now to see if that new potassium helps. Hugs, Polly

Old 07-16-2004, 07:20 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi Andrea, Meant to add I called the uro nurse yesterday. Shame I had that one that is a pain.. to deal with. She says I dont have time to talk. Go to you GP doctor. I said look Dr... so and so.. uro doctor put me on the dueitric. .Not my GP. He is fixing my potassium levels. She was trying to say I had had heart papitations before and it wasn't related to my low potatssium... geez. I know it is cuz that is when this started worse. Now , not to say it couldn't be peri.. but this got worse on the diurtic. She said well the doctor wont be in til tomorrow but I can try to call him. Surprise she did.
and he put me on a potassium sparing duitric.. and have to go back in a week and get more blood. I have about decided if this doesn't help I will say heck with the water pill and all and just do like I used to. If I get stones I get them and go on. lol
That is how fed up I am about this.
I feel sorry for anyone that deals with that nurse. He has another one that is much nicer.
I better. Need to clean some. Hugs ,Polly

Old 07-16-2004, 08:57 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Polly, I probably would have told her where to go by now. This is your health, your body not hers. She needs to do her job better! Well, today is day 48 and still no period. This is spreading out further than the last one. Here is my schedule for the last 5 months.

February period a week late.
March, two period and spotting in between them.
April finally came on time after the last period but had spotting in between.
May, period was two weeks late, came almost the third week in May.
June-No period
July and today is the 16th and still no period.

Now it feels like it wants to come, just making me very anxious and causing me to have pressure. I'm a bit more anxious and trembley from it. I wish it would get here or take a big hike! But when it takes a hike, leave me anxious free! LOL

hugs Andrea

Old 07-16-2004, 07:21 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi Andrea, You know I had to hold my cool. I really did. I figured that I will take to the doctor when I go back in. Tell him about her. That is twice she told me she didn't have time to talk and one time when I had UTI she said go down the hosptial and get a test and I am sure they could have done it at the office. Anyway. I will say something.I am sorry your period isnt here yet. Mine either come farther apart or closer together.That drives me crazy... and then sometimes twice a month. I am like you wish it would go away. Talk to you soon. hugs ,Polly

Old 07-19-2004, 11:12 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Polly, got back from the Uro and still have blood in my urine and the doc said that he had to put me in the tub to break this stone, too big and I might be bleeding from the stone in the kidney, also he is going up my bladder. Lovely, just what I wanted! STill haven't gotten this blasted period yet! On day 51. If I don't get it this week, it will two months since it is almost that anyways.

Andrea

Old 07-20-2004, 03:30 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Andrea, I answered your new thread. Wow your period is going for the Long hall... lol
I sure hope it says away if that is what you want.
Oh by the way, last time I had my period I had it when they did the stent in and I was so embarrassed. that has happened more than once. I tell you ... it was embarrassing.
I just put a tampon in and they said fine. Why does that always happen when you don't want it too... lol I had my ovary out and I think I had my period too. Must be stress.
I will check on how you are pray for you too. Hugs, Polly

Old 07-21-2004, 03:01 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, uro is going on vacation and if I want morning to take out stone, etc. then it can't be until October and I told the nurse, Idon't want to wait until Oct. So she is calling me back with a date for afternoon, and I know it's not going to be for awhile. Great! My bladder feels like it's burning again, all the way up to my stomach, no period and still have anxiety, all though not as bad. What a life.

Andrea

Old 07-21-2004, 05:54 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Ahhh Andrea, I am so sorry. I had that happen doctor went on vact. for a week or two. Grr.. had to wait cuz there aren't many uro doctors here. I had a run in with miss nurse again today. I never got my orders for blood work. She sends them or faxs the order over to the hospital. I called her today to make sure he still wanted me to get the test. I was sure he did. Well, she said she mailed it out. I told her I never got it and it takes a day tops. She says and I quote. It must have gotten lost in the mail.. you know how the post office works. I thought yeah right. I may eat my words but I don't think she ever mailed it. That was a week ago she should have. So anyway, I called the hospital before I went down there and good thing. They didnt have my order.
So I go tomorrow so that will work out good anyway, I need to get my eyelid checked to and it is in the same building. I hope I dont need anymore blood work. This is getting old and I figure it will be $300 each time they do it and that is maybe times six. Geez.
I hope the ins. covers it. I haven't gotten a bill yet. Hope I don't. lol
I will check on you tomorrow. Wow Oct. that is crazy. Has this doctor ever had kidney stones? Let me know what goes on. hugs, Polly

Old 07-22-2004, 07:01 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Polly. Aren't you just aggravated with these nurses, same here at my uro's office. Especially the surgical scheduler. She really aggravates me. Still haven't gotten my period, so now I'm chalking it to 2 full months. Does kidney stones make you off balance or dizzy or maybe this is just that peri thing?

Andrea

Closed Thread