It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2004, 10:55 AM   #1
(female)

Kaycee41 HB User
vaginal dryness

I'm 44 years old. A year and a half ago my gyno. put me on Yasmin birth control to control my heavy periods. Ever since then, I seem to have vaginal irritation and discharge every month. At first I thought it was yeast infections because I have heard that the pill can cause them. But now I'm wondering if it's vaginal dryness. I thought the sticky discharge may be due to lack of moisture causing the normal discharge to become thick. Seems like it always clears up the week I have my period, when there is blood to add to the moisture. The doctor gave me Difulcan even though my yeast test last year was neg. I wasn't having a problem by the time I got in for an appointment. I've also noticed I need lubercation now during sex. Has anyone else experienced thick vaginal discharge and irritation because of dryness? It's just a theory I have, but I've tried everything to cure a yeast infection and nothing is helping. Also, do any of you have any suggestions for vaginal dryness? Thanks!

Old 07-26-2004, 01:25 PM   #2

tape7 HB User
Re: vaginal dryness

I'm 47 and I have been having a lot of trouble with off and on itching and burning. Like you, I got the Diflucan and have tried tons of the yeast infection creams, but nothing works. I have also not been able to use anything but feminine washes for sensitive skin because everything burns. I am going to go for a pap smear soon and I will ask then what to use. I have been using the lubrication jells, but even that burns just a little when I first use it, because I think there's saline in it or something. It's the best thing I've found so far. I'll let you know what the doctor says to use.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread