It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2004, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User
Feeling Rotten today

I come to these boards for re-assurance almost everyday but sometimes when I feel rotten I still wonder is what I feel really perio or is it anxiety or panic attacks or some thing else altogether......Right now I feel rotten. I'm tired, havely jelly legs, and generally feeling "no way". I'm getting this feeling in my throad area from just below my neck (isn't it so hard to describe these things that happen to us1). It's type of surge, but not like the one that can rush right up through your whole body. This is a type of "mini" one. My head feels heavy and full as if its too heavy for my body. this feeling in my throat area is rotten. It's not a lump in my throat feeling.

I often wonder how long more do we have to suffer like this. I am now 46 and I guess I am having symptoms since I was about 38. Initially it was infrequent but now it seems I have very few good days. Is there anybody out there that has been through and survived?!! I would love to hear if there is and how long it lasted for you.

Of course I have had my bloods checked and everything seems normal which of course makes me wonder what is going on and putting doubts in my head. My periods are pretty regular right now but some time back maybe a year ago they were coming closer together at about 19 days then had times it went over 40 days etc. I also suffer from palps, lightheadedness, dizzy, feeling faint as if I would pass out and generally nervous. When I get surges through my body which leave me frightened and weak I get really scared and this happens quite often. Also when I'm drifting off to sleep sometimes I get these surges.

Sorry for ranting on but I feel better having written this and am interesed to hear from you.

Maggie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2004, 04:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Feeling Rotten today

Hi Maggie. I have been through what you are going through and I still have some of it. I'm still with the anxiety, but the surges are not as frequent. My periods were coming every two weeks with spotting in between then I got a normal one then it came late, like 42 days late and then I skipped a month (June) and I still don't have it. I'm dizzy, off balance, nervous, jittery, muscle twitches and just plain ole sick sometimes. All I can tell you, is when we begin to lose hormone and our ovaries shut down, well it's a hormonal inbalance. Iknow about those full body surges and at night time, they were hell to go through. I still get them, but I'm a bit better now. I'm taking Prozac only 10 mg and they want me to increase it and possibly I will, but it has helped me alot.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Hi Maggie,

I hope you're feeling a better today. My heart goes out to you! I can't imagine going through all your symptoms for all these years! First, be thankful that all your blood work came back normal and that you don't have any life threatening disease!!

I have had ALL the symptoms as you described and then some...but mine only lasted 5 months for me - but were the most intense worse months of my life!! I couldn't function at all!

Each women will experience is diffent and for different time lengths. Once I was put on Paxil CR 12.5 (Dec. 03) I felt better. Then I slowly started doing some yoga and walking tapes. I also started taking lots of vitamins and supplements. I did and still am doing EVERYTHING that was recommended in the "Before the Change" book, except I'm not using any progesterone cream. Felt normal after being on the Paxil CR for about a month. Been fine since Jan. 04. Didn't have a period for almost 6 months, then got it again last month.

What are you doing to help yourself go through this? Are you taking anything? Are you able to function at all?

molly

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysaworrier
I come to these boards for re-assurance almost everyday but sometimes when I feel rotten I still wonder is what I feel really perio or is it anxiety or panic attacks or some thing else altogether......Right now I feel rotten. I'm tired, havely jelly legs, and generally feeling "no way". I'm getting this feeling in my throad area from just below my neck (isn't it so hard to describe these things that happen to us1). It's type of surge, but not like the one that can rush right up through your whole body. This is a type of "mini" one. My head feels heavy and full as if its too heavy for my body. this feeling in my throat area is rotten. It's not a lump in my throat feeling.

I often wonder how long more do we have to suffer like this. I am now 46 and I guess I am having symptoms since I was about 38. Initially it was infrequent but now it seems I have very few good days. Is there anybody out there that has been through and survived?!! I would love to hear if there is and how long it lasted for you.

Of course I have had my bloods checked and everything seems normal which of course makes me wonder what is going on and putting doubts in my head. My periods are pretty regular right now but some time back maybe a year ago they were coming closer together at about 19 days then had times it went over 40 days etc. I also suffer from palps, lightheadedness, dizzy, feeling faint as if I would pass out and generally nervous. When I get surges through my body which leave me frightened and weak I get really scared and this happens quite often. Also when I'm drifting off to sleep sometimes I get these surges.

Sorry for ranting on but I feel better having written this and am interesed to hear from you.

Maggie

Old 07-22-2004, 06:23 AM   #4

rosyposy HB User

hi maggie
i can relate to how you may be feeling. i too have wondered if this could be something else and how long will it last. it can get a bit worrying when jelly legs and choking feelings are listed as symptoms of anxiety. i don't get the same throat feeling you describe, but i have felt like there was a lump in my throat. i figured this was caused by being anxious about all my other symptoms, because if i focus on relaxation techniques enough, it goes away.
have you made an appt to see a gyn? i have my first appt coming up so am looking forward to some answers and peace of mind. like you i have visited these boards often for reassurance. it has helped so much to learn more about peri and the symptoms. like you i would also love to hear from ladies who have come through the other side.
best wishes to you, you are not alone in this
rosy

Old 07-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Maggie,

I too know how you feel and have been there. It fluctuates for me....my worst time this year was late Feb. , march and early April...just awful anxiety and pms to the max. I turned 50 in April and I think I have been going thru the peri thing since mid 40s as it started with my periods getting closer together coming every 24 days and then sometimes, like last year they have come on day 40 or day 50 , then this year had two that came on day 31, this month at day 28...so you get the picture...very erratic!! My gyn said that perimenopause is a proglonged pms and I have found it to be so. The past few months have been better for me but I still get anxiety over it all coming back as it was in Feb.

The Jelly legs I feel on and off and it is uncomfortable!!

If you haven't already there is a book called The Pause that is very good and explains each symptom and offers suggestions. It was helpful and is helpful to me.

Hang in there and know you are not alone!!

rmc

Old 07-22-2004, 11:58 AM   #6

Location: Outside of a small town in TX. I love it. Peace and quiet and down the road from my parents.
angnicmarie HB User

Hi Mary! ALOT of people are going through and have went through what you're experiencing. Could it be possible you suffer from anxiety? Check with your doctor. Alot of times anxiety can make us sicker than the actual illness. Always remember, Mary, The storm EVENTUALLY clears up. Take care and I wish you well.
Nicole

Old 07-22-2004, 12:21 PM   #7
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Thank you all for your support. Strangely enough I am not on any medication through my own choice - I just hate the thought of having to take medication. My doctor suggested HRT at my last visit but when she checked my bp it is borderline high so she wants to wait and check again. I will talk to her again about it on my next visit. I must talk to her more about anxiety as well and see what she thinks. I know deep down that probably if I go on medication it would help some.
I ordered the book "The Pause" yesterday through amazon.com so I am looking forward to reading through it as I see from many posts that it goes through each sympton.
Thanks again -

Maggie

Rosy - let us know how you get on with your gyn - good luck.

Last edited by alwaysaworrier; 07-22-2004 at 12:25 PM.

Closed Thread