It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2004, 06:47 PM   #1

Sugzze HB User
Heart Palpitations

Can someone tell me what I can do for the heart palpitations that I have been having for the last month? At times my heart feels like it is jumping all around and other times it will start beating very fast. I went to my doctor and had an EKG, blood work, etc. and everything was fine. Thanks so much and a reply will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Heart Palpitations

Did u have your thyroid checked and if you did and it's normal, palpitations are normal during perimenopause as well with anxiety. The best solution I can give you and I know it's not easy, I went through a horrible time with it,but it won't hurt or kill you so try to keep going and don't pay attention to them. You might want to do some natural progesterone creme or take magnesium supplements and calcium.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2004, 09:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

I used to get heart palps too. I know it is kind of scary. I agree with Andrea -try to not pay too much attention to them. Don't focus on it when it's happening (easier said than done) b/c you would just end up making yourself feel worse plus you'll bring on the anxiety. Tell yourself it is JUST ANOTHER peri-meno symptom! Mine went away after a couple of months. I'm sure yours will go away too.

Hang in there....
molly

Old 07-22-2004, 07:04 PM   #4

SuzU HB User

Groan...
I'm having some form of this now too, I think.
Does anyone else feel their palpitations in their lower left rib cage or even upper abdomen?
I've always had some extra beats, since I was a teenager, but now every time I lie on my left side, I feel my heart beating in my lower chest.
I've had a cardiac work up in the past, it's been a while, but for heaven's sake, I'm only 37!
I can't bear the thought of wearing that Holter Monitor again.
Help!

Old 07-22-2004, 07:08 PM   #5
(female)

ssborrow HB User

When I get heart palps I either go for a walk - it helps mask the fact that its racing, or I do something that forces me to think of something else - like crossword puzzles or games on the internet. If I'm in my car, I've even tried figuring out large multiplication problems. ANYTHING to get my mind off what my heart is doing. It truely will go away faster that way.

Closed Thread