It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2004, 07:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Snodove--going for the Kidney Bomb!

Hi Polly. I posted under our last post about kidneys, but posting here so you can see this. STill have no period, but now I have to have the stone blasted in the tub and they want to go up my bladder. Lovely, ehh? That just made me more anxious, but the Doc said it wouldn't take long. about 30 min for the blast and another 15 min for the cystoscope. What causes kidney stones? He says it's too big to pass and I still have traces of blood in my urine.

Andrea

Old 07-20-2004, 03:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User
Re: Snodove--going for the Kidney Bomb!

Hi Andrea, I will be praying for you. IF you have any questions let me know and if I can help you I can. Ok , alot of stones are calcium or with oxidate. That is the main ones. I can't say what yours are.There are 4 types if I am not mistaken. Some are made from to much acid in the urine not enough or like mine I have a calicium leak. I have to much calcium in my urine and instead of my kidneys putting that in my blood it stays in the kidney then you get stones. I have read that sometimes parathyroid can cause stones but it is rare. I had my checked and they said it was ok but I think it was kind of high side. What do I know.
I wish I could give you a url but you can't on here if I am not mistaken. I don't want banned. I am assuming when you said a tub you meant Lithotripsy? That is not bad actually. You may have slight pain and you will have some blood for a day or so but not bad at all. Make sure you get a strainer to catch you stones pieces. Then make sure you have your uro doctor see what your stones are. If they are calcium like mine you will want to watch you oxidate foods. Not so much calcium foods. They used to tell you to cut out cheese,milk ect ect but not anymore because your body will then take calcium out of your bones and actually give you stones again. I did that for ten yrs and then got 3 big ones. They sure have come a ways learning about this stuff I hope so anyway. lol There are other stones that are caused by infection. Others uric acid and I can't remember what the last one is. I will try to look that up today.
When they go up in your badder I hope that doesn't bother you. The only time I had them do that was when they tried to get a stone with a grabber on it... lol and then when they put a stent in and took it out. Do you have to have a stent. I pray not. Not to upset you but one of mine hurt like........ and the other one was fine. Never felt it.
I will be praying for you. Let me know how things go and how you feel. Do you know how big your stone is. Usually if it is more than 5mm they break them up.
I had one 10mm I think I told you. My last one.
I get my potassium done tomorrow so hope it is better and my eye lid looked at Thursday. Hugs and prayers, Polly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread