It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2004, 12:44 PM   #1

Tbm8 HB User
Unhappy Estroven and Vagifem?

I posted a new thread on 7-16-04 about Fasomax and no one replied. I am not taking it. Could anyone tell me anything about Estroven (you by over the counter) does it help, side effects ect? Also anything you know about Vagifem? Please help me this time. Please

Old 07-20-2004, 01:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User
Re: Estroven and Vagifem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm8
I posted a new thread on 7-16-04 about Fasomax and no one replied. I am not taking it. Could anyone tell me anything about Estroven (you by over the counter) does it help, side effects ect? Also anything you know about Vagifem? Please help me this time. Please

I haven't tried Fosamax or Estroven. Although I did try a product once called NewPhase which only made all my symptoms worst. I decided then to remain with prescription meds. There are some women who have had success with using over the counter menopause treatments, an I hope that you also find relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2004, 10:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm8
Hello Tbm8,

My endo dr. recommended that I take Estroven. Took it for about 3 months -didn't notice anything different. Didn't have any side effects. I'm now drinking Revival soy protein shakes and eating their soy bars (can only buy online). Think it helped my hot flashes/night sweats a lot.

molly

Old 07-21-2004, 02:12 PM   #4
(female)

janet23 HB User

I use Vagifem and really like it. Helped a lot with dryness.

Old 07-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #5

Marlyns HB User

I'm very peri-menopausal and (I think) close to menopause (age 47). There is a strong family history of osteoporosis, heart disease, and cancer in our family. When I discussed HRT with my doctor, he decided that we would do a bone mineral density test to help gather more information for our decision about HRT.

My bone density is not good and the doctor put me on Didrocal. After two years on it, there was no significant change in my bone density. Last fall the doctor changed my meds to a half dose of Fosamax (weekly dose). I had no side effects with the Didrocal. I don't notice anything with the Fosamax either.

Also, I went on Vagifem about three weeks ago. The dryness and pain were really bothering me. My husband has been away at work, so I hope that things will improved by the time he gets home again. Vagifem is not supposed to help with hot flashes, just with vaginal dryness.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi Tbm8,

I am taking Estroven. It is an over the counter vitamin and herbal supplement. Both my doctor and gyn recommended for this time.

If you have seen any of my posts I had my most difficult time in late Feb. March and early April. I started taking along with my regular multivitamin and Vitamin E. : Vitamin B complex and also the Estroven on a regular basis, every day the two of them and this I started religiously in May . It has been better for me and also increasing my exercise, adding Pilates. Don't know if any of them have been the one thing that has helped but I do feel better than I did. Not to say that the anxiety issues are all resolved and I do still get some symptoms but I seem to be able to cope with them better and they are not as severe as they were so maybe that is why I can cope better.

Everyone is different with the way things affect them so it is always good to consult your gyn and/or doctor to let the know what you are thinking of taking.

I have never taken Fosamax but know it helps a great many women who have osteoporosis.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

rmc

Closed Thread