It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 11:36 AM   #1

Location: Outside of a small town in TX. I love it. Peace and quiet and down the road from my parents.
angnicmarie HB User
Smile It WILL get better...:')

Hello everyone! At 25 I was forced into surgical menopause due to cancer. I could not take hormones of any type due to the type of cancer (uterine stage 3c). I am now 26 and at first I thought the menopause would never end. I had hot flashes from he** and night sweats that would soak the bed on the part I slept. Mood Swings were awful and so on... I am now about a year post rad hysterectomy, and within the past 5 months...things have gotten ALOT better. I still have hot flashes ( mainly when I'm nervous), but they are not near as bad. Gradually, and finally today I can honestly say that...what I thought would never end is easing up daily. I can live with this. I know everyones different, but just when you're in the worst of it, remember, it will level off in time, and start decreasing in intensity(menopause). Take care Everyone.
Nicole

Old 07-21-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: It WILL get better...:')

Quote:
Originally Posted by angnicmarie
Hello everyone! At 25 I was forced into surgical menopause due to cancer. I could not take hormones of any type due to the type of cancer (uterine stage 3c). I am now 26 and at first I thought the menopause would never end. I had hot flashes from he** and night sweats that would soak the bed on the part I slept. Mood Swings were awful and so on... I am now about a year post rad hysterectomy, and within the past 5 months...things have gotten ALOT better. I still have hot flashes ( mainly when I'm nervous), but they are not near as bad. Gradually, and finally today I can honestly say that...what I thought would never end is easing up daily. I can live with this. I know everyones different, but just when you're in the worst of it, remember, it will level off in time, and start decreasing in intensity(menopause). Take care Everyone.
Nicole

Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep this in mind when I'm on the rollercoaster.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 09:44 AM   #3

Location: Outside of a small town in TX. I love it. Peace and quiet and down the road from my parents.
angnicmarie HB User

You are more than welcome.
Nicole

Old 07-22-2004, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angnicmarie
Nicole
Hi Nicole,

You have gone through a lot at such a young age (with the cancer and menopause!!)... I hope you are well/getting better now!

In my case, things seem to have leveled off and I've been feeling fine the past 6 months and in comparison to many ladies here, I feel pretty fortunate... but I find I've become quite fearful that things would go out of wack again. I try not to think or worry about it...

Have a good day,
molly

Old 07-22-2004, 11:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi ...

Nicole...Thank you for your post. You have been through a LOT and your encouragement and input is really appreciated. Glad you are feeling better.

rmc

Old 07-22-2004, 11:54 AM   #6

angnicmarie HB User

Thank you ladies. It's been rough, as I'm sure its been for alot of people, but I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel that I thought I'd never see. This board is wonderful because it lets you see that you're not the only one suffering from these things. Its also great cause it lets you share experiences and make suggestions. My favorite saying is "What doesn't Kill you makes you stronger". Thanks again ladies. Take care.
Nicole

Old 07-23-2004, 02:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Nicole thank you for such an encouraging post.

As the days go on I sometime wonder if other ladies are also dealing with all these symptoms daily, as I am. I'm 43 an although my symptoms started in my late 30's they really hit their peak in 2002. When will they end?

Nicole, did you find any particular med. or vitamins to be helpful?

Old 07-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #8

angnicmarie HB User

Since I couldn't do the hormone thing, I simply take one vitamin by "Oil Of Olay" a day. Also, I eat lots of cheese (for extra calcium). I don't know if its the vitamin that started to make the difference, but I do know..that until I started the vitamin, I was very miserable daily, and slowly symptoms of the menopause gradually got less severe...they are now tolerable. Take Care.
Nicole

Closed Thread