It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 08:41 PM   #1

cjclay HB User
Please Help Me Help My Aunt

Hi,
I hope someone can help me. My aunt who is around 68 years old has been sick all year and the doctors cannot find out what is wrong.
She quit her hormones cold turkey in January of this year. In April she started having really high blood pressure. Took blood pressure medicine trying to get it under control. She started burning inside her body - she said like she was on fire inside.
She had a bunch of tests done - heart, head, neck, stomach - all negative.
She's seen all sorts of doctors. Everyone seems to be stumped.
Now she said she doesn't burn inside but she's hot all the time. She has to sleep with ice packs. Mainly her right side and right breast burns. She can't lie on her right side at night.
When she's sitting she feels like her back is burning a hole in the chair.
She's weak, tired, some tingling in right arm but not often. No appetite - no taste. She doesn't sweat.
Sometimes her legs feel numb down her shin bone. And when standing her spine hurts from neck down. She feels hot worse when sitting - back from neck to waist stings and burns.
If anyone has had any of these symptoms, please reply. We are getting really worried about her because she is so tired of this and is ready to give up.
Thank you so much in advance.
Carol

Old 07-22-2004, 12:00 AM   #2
(female)

giddyup715 HB User
Re: Please Help Me Help My Aunt

At age 68, she should be thru menopause.
Has she had blood tests to check her hormone levels?
How 'bout complete blood tests showing liver tests too?
Gall bladder? Does she still have the gall bladder?
She sounds like she needs a new Dr. with a new complete blood workup.
Keep insisting till she gets this stuff done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 03:35 AM   #3

cjclay HB User
Re: Please Help Me Help My Aunt

Hi,
Thanks for replying. Yes, my aunt has had all sorts of tests done and she's seen many doctors. Has gone to 2 different hospitals and went to Temple, Texas to Scott and White.
Her tests include: heart xray, chemical stress test, ct scan of stomach, a neurologist did ct scan of chest, gall bladder, ultrasound of veins in neck, MRI and ct scan of head. A gastrologist did EGD(?), blood test and 24 hour urine test. She's had a hormone shot (I'll ask her if her hormone level has been checked).
I'd read on one of the messages that the medicine neurontin helped one lady but it hasn't done much for my aunt. She also takes blood pressure and thyroid medicine as well as some more medicine (one for nerves). I won't list all the meds now unless someone wants me to.
I'm just so worried about her. And I'm baffled as to why no one can find out what's wrong with her.
I'm hoping someone will read this and have some information for me.
Thanks again in advance,
Carol

Closed Thread