It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Feeling "Yucky" Daily

Alright, please tell me that I'm not the only one feeling simply yucky daily. I'm not the complaining type, but rather an analytical thinker, an I just don't understand why I'm not feeling 100%. I'm taking Vivelle and Prometrium, along with various vitamins and supplements.

Anyone else dealing with the daily lightheadedness/dizziness, spacey feeling, hot flashes, sweats, feeling lethargic even after a nap, moodiness, the blahs, sensativity to noise...?

How are you ladies managing? What have you found to be most helpful?

Thanks!

Old 07-23-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Re: Feeling "Yucky" Daily

I can't remember the last time I felt 100%. I started going through this in February. I had a few really bad months but I guess I cope better now. I try to let my faith keep me going. I totally understand what you are going through. Some days are worse than others. My head most of the time doesn't feel clear. I have aches, tiredness, night sweats, hot flashes, vision sometimes doesn't do right, anxiety, ect. It makes you feel like a mess. God be with all of us through this.

Jacq.

Last edited by jacqbu; 07-23-2004 at 08:31 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jacqbu For This Useful Post:
AlmostParadise (05-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2004, 08:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Hopefully, hi there! You have probably seen most of my posts. I'm one of the anxiety queens on this board. Perimenopause is so horrible, isn't it. The dizzy's? Have them almost everyday, feeling like I'm off balance and totally brain fogged, almost brain dead. I have the fatigue, nervousness (anxiety) no period now for 2 months, had the hot flashes, actually got them again yesterday after I had soup and pretty much lasted through the rest of the evening. I'm just a mess, do not feel well in some category pretty much everyday. I try to just keep walking through it, not trying to let every little thing get to me, not saying it doesn't catch my attention and I would love to freak out from it, but I am noticing that if we let these symptoms take us over, it makes the anxiety worse.

Andrea

Old 07-24-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Hi Hopefully....yep, know EXACTLY how you feel. I think the majority of us on this board don't feel 100%. For whatever its worth, I agree with Andrea, if you let your symptoms take over everything gets maginified and a whole lot worse. Do whatever it takes mentally or physically to get through the worst of the days, prayer, meditate, exercise, talk yourself through it, heck, take drugs if you have to, hopefully it won't be a forever thing. I'm like Jacq, I let my faith help me, I just give it to God every evening and tell him to do the best he can for me in his own time. (And I don't mean to push religion or offend, I realize it's not for everyone) And yes, there are days when I have to take medication to calm the anxiety or the irritable tummy or the raging temper or the messed up bowels or the achy joints....and days when I have to nap or cry or just simply stop and give up for a bit...I just do whatever the day calls for. Its a heck of a way to go through life when you're used to being energetic and worry free and feeling good, but someday it will settle down for us again and hopefully we'll have learned something about ourselves in the process!!
Take good care of yourself everyday no matter how hard the effort to do so is....and turn to these boards in rough moments, I know I have learned tons from these women!!!
May we all have a calm day,
Conni

Old 07-24-2004, 01:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
I can't remember the last time I felt 100%. I started going through this in February. I had a few really bad months but I guess I cope better now. I try to let my faith keep me going. I totally understand what you are going through. Some days are worse than others. My head most of the time doesn't feel clear. I have aches, tiredness, night sweats, hot flashes, vision sometimes doesn't do right, anxiety, ect. It makes you feel like a mess. God be with all of us through this.

Jacq.

Jacq thanks for replying. I understand about being sustained by faith. If it wasn't for my faith in Jesus I'd be a million times worst. Sites like this one and meeting such awesome women here who are willing to share and listen has truly been a blessing. Thank you!

Old 07-24-2004, 02:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Andrea and Conni thanks for the encouragement and reassurance. I know that this too will pass...I'm praying that it's right now...but like yourself Conni I know that God will deliver me from this in time an after the storm I most definitely will be a little wiser, calmer, develop patience (I need this virtue), an overall become a better person. Hmmm......to think I thought puberty and childbirth was rough, right now they sound like a vacation in Europe ...

Last edited by Hopefully; 07-24-2004 at 02:05 PM.

Old 07-25-2004, 08:43 AM   #7
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

PATIENCE? I think I had that for about 4 seconds....but trust me, it was before PERI-HELL!!!! lol No seriously as dumb as this sounds, I think we all are learning patience whether we want to or not...just dealing with all this junk and still managing to live and breathe and possibly even enjoy the day shows we have patience....and TOLERANCE... again whether we want it or not!! I've always heard the other side of menopause could be wonderful and I'm hoping whatever trait instills itself in me now through necessity of just surviving will benefit me later!!!
The sun is shining, my son and his family are coming back from vacation today, the grass is still to wet to mow (dang, I HATE when that happens...NOT!!! LOL) and it's gonna be cool temps...I think it's gonna be a good day! And I hope for all of us it is
Conni

Closed Thread