It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 10:49 AM   #1

rosyposy HB User
Anyone else getting headaches?

Hi All
For three days now I have had the most awful headache. Started behind my eyes, now all over my head. And my neck is stiff and sore. My vision is blurred and I have also vomited twice. Also my jaw feels sore. Do you think this is this a peri thing? I am getting pretty anxious worrying about this.
Thanks in advance
Rosy

Old 07-25-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: Anyone else getting headaches?

sounds like migraines to me...could be hormone related. However a very high percentage of migraines are also diet related...whatcha been eating lately??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2004, 04:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

In the book the pause it says to rub peppermint oil on your forhead just below the hairline. I have not tried it but plan on getting some for my next headache.

Old 07-27-2004, 02:04 AM   #4

rosyposy HB User

hmmmm, yes my diet could do with some serious evaluation. you have me thinking now, thanks.
i like the idea of peppermint oil, much better than painkillers. and will check this out.
thanks, you are angels

Old 07-27-2004, 06:05 AM   #5
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Hi Rosy...As a matter of fact, I have one of those lovely headaches today...midway through my flow. Never know what day they're going to come, but I have noticed its usually when my period pauses for a while and as soon as it starts flowing again the headache goes away. Nothing seems to help them, so I just ride them out, but they are aggravating. Once or twice a year I also seem to get one about the time I ovulate, so mine are definitely hormone related, but maybe that could be set off by diet too, like you mine could use some major overhauling!
I hope your headache is gone today
Conni

Old 07-28-2004, 04:52 AM   #6

mtngrl57 HB User

I have had terrible migraines for about 21 years. The kind that put me totally down and not able to move for four hours at least. I spent years not finding anything that would even cut the pain. They have hurt so bad that I thought I would go into some kind of seizure or something!
I have taken something that helps cut the pain a lot but it doesn't get rid of it totally. I spend the next few days after one of those, feeling tired and kind of sick to my stomache. I usually get a half an hour warning that I am going to get one and then the pain starts. I was starting to have one of those each month! The doc put me on Nadalol and it helped so much that I can hardly believe it.
My mirgraines started out with stress then it seemed to be hormone related. I haven't found anything that I eat to be the problem. Those darn things run in families too!
If you haven't had one of these head aches until now, you should go see a doctor just to make sure that is what it is. That in itself will take a lot off your mind.
Good luck. I know mirgraines are not fun. I hope you get some relief soon.
Mt grl.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:14 AM   #7

rosyposy HB User

mt i feel for you, suffering migraines for 21 years. i used to get those as a teenager and they were so bad i couldn't bear movement or light, or noise.
i had to lock myself in a dark room for 24 hours. you deserve a medal to have coped with these for 21 years. and here am i complaining about a new type of headache for me, which is no way near as bad as a migraine, when at least i can sit here in front of a computer (there is no way i could do that with migraine). i am now on day six of this annoying headache (and stiff neck) and thinking of you conni as you are going through similar.

Old 07-29-2004, 06:51 AM   #8
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Rosy!!! Six days....have you had bouts like this before? Mine rarely last more than a day or two, thank God it's gone now, but this is the last day of my period, so go figure lol I can't remember if you've said you've seen your doctor for this? Six days is a long time to suffer with this girl!!! And with the stiff neck too (although possibly that's just from the dang headache and how you're holding your head and shoulders because of the pain) maybe you have a pinched nerve or something? Sinus infection? Possible allergies?
I wish I had some real answers that would help you...I feel so bad you're in pain!!! I agree with MtnGrl....going to the doctor will at least minimize the stress if he can tell you what it might be, and possibly he can give you something to at least lessen it and that in itself may help immensly by taking the focus off the pain. I know all my problems are ten times worse if I stress about them and when they last as long as yours has, it's hard not to!!!
Take good care of yourself today and let us know how you're doing,
May it be a good day for all of us
Conni

Old 07-29-2004, 10:17 AM   #9
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

I also woke up with a headache today - actually when I got out of bed I felt off balance and shortly after the headace started. I still have it. It's in my forehead and my head feels as if its floating. I get these every so often. I feel drained from it today and my eyes just feel so tired even though I had a great nights sleep. My whole face feels tired and drained if you know what I mean. it is so hard to describe some symptoms.

Maggie

Old 08-15-2004, 05:23 AM   #10

Brigette HB User

Those headaches sound like hormone-related migraines. I have found relief with Imitrex but do not like some of the side effects of it--in the past mostly dizziness. As an experiment, I did receive Botox injections across the hairline area of my forehead and was migraine-free for two months. I felt normal again and will continue looking into it for migraine management. Checking out of life for three days at a time is not an option for me!

Old 08-15-2004, 06:19 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

If your red blood count is real high it can lead to head & muscle aches. Donate blood to the Red Cross. That will reduce the red blood cell count for a while. See if that helps.

Have you had your Testosterone levels checked?

I have heard that women with low testosterone are subject to migraine headaches. Then when they take testosterone supplements the headaches go away.

Good luck,

Old 08-20-2004, 07:25 AM   #12

mtngrl57 HB User

I was on the way to take my son to get his wisdom teeth out the other day and just before we left I got a smashing head ache! Ususally I get symptoms before I get the pain of migraines but this time it hit me without warning. Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as my worse ones usually are. I could still function. My migraines became hormone related. Stress can do it too. I started getting bad migraines each month and was put on Nadalol. What a help that was! My migraines put me down for the day pretty much. Nothing I have been taking as taken the pain away. I wind up feeling sore for about three days after I get a bad one. My head is sore to touch or move quick.
I hope you find out for sure what your head ache is all about though. I have tried Imitrex but it did nothing. I tried the nose spray, the injection and the pill. My sister was told by her doctor that he had taken it and took two in a short amount of time and had a stroke. He doesn' recommend it for some people. I carry meds with me everywhere because my mirgraines hurt so much I feel as though I will go into some kind of seizure or something. I do go through many mornings by waking up with a head ache. Don't know why but it happens!

Take care,
Mtngrl

Old 08-24-2004, 07:35 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin2C
If your red blood count is real high it can lead to head & muscle aches. Donate blood to the Red Cross. That will reduce the red blood cell count for a while. See if that helps.QUOTE]

Hi Gin2C,

Just curious, do you know what is considered a "real high" red blood count? I got a copy of my blood results. My count is 7.00 and the range is 3.80-5.10. My dr. said I'm fine tho.

Molly

Old 08-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

[QUOTE=molly123]
Quote:

Hi Gin2C,

Just curious, do you know what is considered a "real high" red blood count? I got a copy of my blood results. My count is 7.00 and the range is 3.80-5.10. My dr. said I'm fine tho.

Molly
I believe that would be a high red blood count. It's over the normal range.

Old 08-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Regarding headaches, use to be a headache queen. My headaches in the past were related to my thyroid. After that was corrected, they only came around my period or during my period or both. I also got headaches from a car accident, and headaches can definitely come up from the neck, from stress or what you eat, hormonal, etc. Now, after having anesthesia last Wednesday to crush a large kidney stone, I have had a headache everyday. I don't wake up with it, just comes later and it seems to be in my sinuses. Also, you can get horrible headaches from sinus, dizzy, etc. So it's hard to tell where the headache is coming from unless you watch it closely. I'm also close to when my period would be due, hopefully it will be on time this month, so maybe this is why Im getting headaches again, since I did not use the progesterone creme this month. Taking a break.

Andrea

Closed Thread