It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
days in cycle

This is to everyone, I'm curious. What days during your cycle do you feel the worse? Mine seems to be right after ovulation especially when my left ovary is ovulating.

Jacq.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2004, 07:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: days in cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqbu
This is to everyone, I'm curious. What days during your cycle do you feel the worse? Mine seems to be right after ovulation especially when my left ovary is ovulating.

Jacq.

Difficult question since my cycle has become quite irregular and simply weird . It use to be the week before, during my bleed (which has decreased from 7 days to only 4 days YEAH!), and the week after. Yes, that sounds like everyday of the month .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 12:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

My worst time is the first five days after my period ends. I tend to get abdominal pains every month during this time. It went away for about a year, but has now come back when I stopped taking flaxseed. I am now back on the flaxseed. I will see if the pains are gone on the next cycle.

Old 07-27-2004, 06:58 AM   #4
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Jacq...I'm like you, between ovulation and the start of my period everything seems to be magnified and worse. Then once I start flowing things calm down for 10 days to a couple weeks, but still I'm not 100% like I used to be. I get a really bad right eye and sinusy headache sometime during my period...today is the lucky day...lol I woke up with one. Oh well, I know it will be gone in a few hours when I start gushing again, but man o man its aggravating and painful!!! My cycle this month was only 21 days and its usually 25-26.
This crap gets weary after awhile, I'll be glad when its over.
Conni

Old 07-27-2004, 12:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi..yes can relate to all of you...it is not so predictable when I am feeling the worse. It used to be week before my period. Now it is when I THINK i may be ovulating and also a bit before my period and sometimes a bit afterwards!! It fluctuates month to month. SOmetimes it is just one of those scenarios sometimes all the above.

I say "when I think I may be ovulating" as the gyn said at this time sometimes we are not ovulating, but it still feels as we are. I know it does for me!! I think 2 weeks before my period has been the worse for me lately in the discomfort area and "feeling" that ovary area. Usually the week before I might get some diarhhea too (week before period) but not much. Then I too get that sinus headache over one eye when it is about to come (what is up with that?!! do not see how that relates, do you?!! LOL!!) . In Feb. and March i was having more intestinal discomfort instead of the headache and I actually prefer the headache (if I have to put up with one of them) , I seem to cope better with it.

rmc

Old 07-27-2004, 01:40 PM   #6
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User
Question Re: days in cycle

Can I ask a question - how do you know when you ovulate - I never can tell?

Old 07-27-2004, 02:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi Alwaysaworrier (by the way your name sounds like me!!)

as far as myself, as I said the gyn informs me that we may not be ovulating all the time during perimenopause. but what I feel around ovulation time or when it is supposed to be is vague at times but at other times distinct. The vague feeling can just be a feeling of pressure . The more distinct feeling is a feeling on either the left or right side an achy feeling or pinchy feeling. some people feel it either on the left ovary side or right. Mine is usually on the right. sometimes both. I do not always feel it but when I do that is how it feels for me.

rmc

Old 07-27-2004, 02:27 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

Usually you ovulate day 12 to 14 of your cycle. That's what I had read.
Jacq.

Closed Thread