It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2004, 09:19 AM   #1
Inactive

jcorn59483 HB User
Hip pain at night - while in bed

I am generally okay in the daytime but at night I toss and turn with pain in my right and left side (mostly the hip) as well as my pelvic area. Anyone else have this?

Old 07-27-2004, 10:27 AM   #2
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Re: Hip pain at night - while in bed

I was having hip pain at night on my left side for awhile. It did not bother me during the day but at night it was uncomfortable and painful. I'd wake up feeling sleepy and out of wack.
I started doing some simple streches for hips and thighs and it really help- it is almost gone. So maybe try that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I've also had the hip pains. Like yourself I didn't have any problem during the daytime, but the pain would occur first thing in the morning. Usually it was my left hip. Since I began hrt this pain doesn't occur too often.

Old 07-27-2004, 11:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi,

I too have this with my right hip. I do have back problems and the hip is affected I feel do to that. But my back problems are really much subsided since last year and the hip situation still is there. It is more so sometimes at night, yes. I am going to a chiropractor and which I started for my back and an ankle problem I have. I was given stretches to do and I notice when I am religious about them the hip problem is much better. Also I am doing Winsor Pilates and that seems to have helped also.

Thank you for your post as I thought I was alone with this hip thing and I think it is part of the peri thing with our joints and muscles flaring up.

rmc

Old 07-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorn59483
I am generally okay in the daytime but at night I toss and turn with pain in my right and left side (mostly the hip) as well as my pelvic area. Anyone else have this?
I too had right hip pain especially at night when I'm trying to sleep or just laying in bed. Noticed it is okay once I'm up and moving around. I used to take Tylendol PM to ease the pain and get myself to sleep. For the last couple of weeks, I stopped taking them once after I started doing these squats (Slim in 6 DVD) - it helped a lot. I also do full body stetches. I noticed I'm a lot less achy when I get up now. I thought I was alone with this hip thing - guess it's a peri thing and not necessarily old age!

molly

Last edited by molly123; 07-27-2004 at 09:57 PM.

Old 07-27-2004, 10:22 PM   #6
Inactive

jcorn59483 HB User

HI all
Just wanted to update all of you as well as express my thanks. I saw my doctor todaly. She is calling this bursitis. She says it isn't really clear WHY this starts happening but if the Tylenol PM doesn't control it she's giving me cortisone shots and she says that usually calms things down again.
I also had blood work done today, a full liver profile, lipid test, etc. I was on Lipitor but she took me off of that because of the muscle pain. My pain sometimes extends into my pelvic area so she thinks that there may be adhesions as well due to a partial hysterectomy (years ago) as well as an appendectomy on the same side (right side). Sure hope the Tylenol PM controls it. Last night was terrible! I had just gotten used to the hot flashes but having the pain on top of it was too much, left me sleepless and teary.

Old 07-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Let us know if the Tylendol PM helps. The very first time I took Tylendol PM, I felt like my body was floating...and boy! did I sleep good! After that, I take only 1/2 a pill, when needed. I can't imagine how I would've felt if I took the 2 pills that they recommend you take. Didn't feel groggy in the morning either. Hope it helps you...don't think cortisone shots are all that good for you!

molly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorn59483
HI all
Just wanted to update all of you as well as express my thanks. I saw my doctor todaly. She is calling this bursitis. She says it isn't really clear WHY this starts happening but if the Tylenol PM doesn't control it she's giving me cortisone shots and she says that usually calms things down again.
I also had blood work done today, a full liver profile, lipid test, etc. I was on Lipitor but she took me off of that because of the muscle pain. My pain sometimes extends into my pelvic area so she thinks that there may be adhesions as well due to a partial hysterectomy (years ago) as well as an appendectomy on the same side (right side). Sure hope the Tylenol PM controls it. Last night was terrible! I had just gotten used to the hot flashes but having the pain on top of it was too much, left me sleepless and teary.

Closed Thread