It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 06:54 AM   #1
(female)

sunny3 HB User
Anyone find anything that helps with internal skaing?

From time to time, I've been getting this inner trembling, mainly in legs and arms. I am certain it is a reflection of hormonal imbalance...very disconcerting, however. Anyone found anything that really helps?

Thanks, Y'all,
Sunny

Old 07-28-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Anyone find anything that helps with internal skaing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny3
From time to time, I've been getting this inner trembling, mainly in legs and arms. I am certain it is a reflection of hormonal imbalance...very disconcerting, however. Anyone found anything that really helps?

Thanks, Y'all,
Sunny
Oh Sunny, I know what you are talking about here. I had this horrible feeling and it comes and goes, but not it's mostly outwardly where my muscles tremble on movement. I took my vitamins and magensium helped alot. It's the hormonal inbalance that causes this and reacts as anxiety. I would also suggest a benzo drug from your doctor, maybe xanax or something else or maybe even Prozac, Serafem, Paxil CR or another ssri drug. This is hard to fight all on your own. But it will go away. I would eat 5 small meals a day, cause it makes your body feel as though you are hypglycemic. Stay away from caffeine, sugars, and definitely alcohol at this time. I would learn some relaxation methods cause your adrenlines are producing hormones your ovaries are absent of. Hope this helps.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
(female)

sunny3 HB User

Hi Andrea,
Good to hear from you. I've been on the magneesium and vits and I do ahve a Rx for Xanax...which I hate to use. I am hoping someone will know of a more natural way to deal with this distressing symptom....there's got to be somehting that I have missed in my searching for remedies.

Your supportive words are so appreciated, Andrea. We'll watch and see if anyone else has other helpful thoughts for us.

Good wishes,
Sunny

Old 07-28-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User

Hello Sunny. A good friend of mine has what is called "restless legs syndrome" where her legs and sometime her arms will start trembling. She uses Klonopin to help with this symptom.

Thank God that the trembling is one peri symptom that I didn't get, but I do know about those wretched internal trembling or what I call the jitters. HRT has really helped me with those (although they also subsided when I was taking Wellbutin).

Magnesium is excellent...check with your doctor and see if you might need to increase your dose. God bless!

Old 07-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #5
Veteran

pslam 91 HB User

I get those trembles! I hate them. they started last summer when I was 42 yrs. I sometimes will check my heart rate and it is not up, but my legs sometime shake and I jitter on the inside. I use a natural product called"Bach's rescue remedy". It is flower essence. I will put it under my tongue and next thing you know, I forget that I had those jitters. My grocery store is now caring it. A guy at my health store recommende it. My grocery store carries kava kava now too, but I am a little nervous about using that because of the studies on the liver effects. I see my obgyn tomarrow for the first time since I learned about this wonderful stage in life called peri. I am going to show him the products I have been taking. I do not want hrt!

Old 07-28-2004, 01:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I used Bach's rescue remedy but didn't find it strong enough for me for some reason. Hmmm, maybe I'll try it again in the future.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:43 PM   #7
Veteran

pslam 91 HB User

I believe that I read that you can take as much as you need of Bachs. So i think a couple of shots is ok. Check the brochure or the website for sure

Old 07-28-2004, 02:36 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

I had those internal shaking...hated it! Think it is one of the WORST symptoms to have b/c I felt so out of control! My legs felt like jelly and my insides where constantly jittier, like a constant nervousness. At first, I thought it was anxiety but they didn't feel like the anxiety I had before. I read somewhere that Magneisum is suppose to help the nervous system so for me, I started taking 1,000 mg Magneisum daily and consistently and eventually it went away. Still taking the Mag b/c I don't want to have it again!

I also tried the Bach's Rescue Remedy - felt a little less anxious when I took it but it wasn't strong enough for me....and didn't last long. Think the way I was feeling, I would've had to drink the whole bottle and then some! LOL! I felt really weird when I took Kava Kava...so toss it!

Molly

Old 07-29-2004, 04:39 AM   #9
(female)

sunny3 HB User

So nice to hear from all of you. Thanks for sharing what you've used. I've used Magnesium Taurate ( so as not to get diarrhea) and I do not think it seesm to help with the shakey legs and jittery insides. In the past I tried Bach's remedy and I too think I'd need a quart of the stuff to make any impact.

This stage is a real learning experience, isn't it? It is so good to have you respond and offer your genuine support.

Healing thoughts for us all,
Sunny

Closed Thread