It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

Cin4676 HB User
Last cycle was 9 months ago

It's been 9 months since my last period. I'm 47 years old, an ex-smoker and have already gone through about 8 years of menopausal symptoms. What are my chances that I have completely entered menopause?

Old 07-28-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User
Re: Last cycle was 9 months ago

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy in Fla
It's been 9 months since my last period. I'm 47 years old, an ex-smoker and have already gone through about 8 years of menopausal symptoms. What are my chances that I have completely entered menopause?
Hi Cindy,

Keep your fingers crossed! I don't think anyone can tell you or if there's a way you will know. Mother Nature just has to run its course! Each person is different but it seems like you're heading the right direction! They say that it is usually around the same time as your mother...but whose knows how true this theory is.

A friend of mine didn't have her period for 11 months and then it came back!! So, she has to start counting all over! I didn't have mine for 6 months and then it came back just last month. I think most of us are looking forward to the day when this is all over with!

molly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 02:54 PM   #3
(female)

Cin4676 HB User

Hi Molly, thanks for responding. I have heard women say that it came back but I'm wondering, does it stay or is it just one period? I know a couple of different women that told me they had one very strong cycle anywhere from 6 to 10 months later but they had no more after that. Has your friend only had one? My mother would not be one I can go by because she had a hysterectomy in her 40's and she has no idea about my grandmother. I have heard that you stop menses earlier when you smoke and I just quit almost 4 months ago. I know none of us are going to stop the exact same way but I was hoping there would be some type of pattern?

Old 07-28-2004, 02:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I didn't have a period for 11 months and got another one. It was just like a normal period. I haven't had one for 15 months now. So, I guess you never know. After reading postings, it doesn't seem to be unusual to have a period after 12 months. I suppose everyone is different. Some just stop and others go on for a time.

Closed Thread