It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #1

aprettythought HB User
Advice Greatly Appreciated.

I know this might come across as a silly child making an awful joke but I assure you that is not the case. My name is Monica and I am 19 years old. My mother is starting to feel symptoms related to menopause (i.e. hot flashes, headaches, and irritability). She asked me to research natural methods of relieving such symptoms because she is very computer illiterate. The truth is, I know computers but I don't know how to make sense of all this information about menopause. Basically, I don't know what is right for her. I was hoping someone could provide me with some insight on what it is she should do. Perhaps the vitamins / herbs she should be taking to relieve her symptoms and to make this transition easier for her. I love my mother dearly and I would do anything to help her get through this. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and I also am thankful for any advice you can offer me and my mother. thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 06:39 PM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: Advice Greatly Appreciated.

Get your mother the following books: Before the Change, by Ann Louise Gittleman and What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Pre-Menopause, by Dr. John Lee.
Both are chock full of wonderful information and suggestions for over-the-counter relief from peri- and menopausal symptoms.
You'll earn BIG points from your mom, trust me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2004, 06:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Re: Advice Greatly Appreciated.

Also tell her to get the book "The Pause" by Lonnie Barbach Ph.D. It explains all the symptoms in plain english. It was recommended to me by someone on these boards and I think it's helpful. Print some of the questions and answers from this board and give to your mom to read.

Jacqueline

Closed Thread