It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Perimenopause and accupucture

I want to share with you how effective Chinese accupuncture is for perimenopause symptoms. I did not get a period for 5 months and thought I was on my way to menopause. I was tired, moody, depressed, bloated and my breast hurt. Two friends who are getting accupuncture- one for perimenopause and the other for menopause strongly suggested I try it. So I went to a Chinese Accupuncture clinic. Within two days after receiving it I got my period. I was also given Chinese Herbs to take which build energy and life force in the liver and spleen- areas that are stressed during peri and menopause. I now go once a week and my periods are back and regular. The tenderness in my breasts have gone away and I am slowly starting to feel alive again. I made a 6 week commitment to go weekly and see how I feel. I also am taking my 86 year old mother who has back pains and pain in her feet which limits her walking, as well as her nurse/companion who is also perimenopausal. They both say they are feeling better and want to continue.
I go to a college where I have an intern with the asssitance of a doctor work with me. It only costs $25.00 a session and the herbs are a few dollars ( they do not mark up the prcie).
So if any of you are interested check it out. And if you can not afford a private accupuncturist see if there is a college in you city where they do internships.

The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo pie For This Useful Post:
48tooyoung (12-06-2010)
Closed Thread