It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2004, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

fiveoffive HB User
how young is too young??

I am 35 will be 36 in a few weeks, my periods have always been consistant and regular. Then all the sudden came too early then again within 21 days. freaked me out. had a tubal 10 years ago so sure not prego, believe me I'd know...lol
but I had these horrible near fainting episodes and then diarrhea and both docs say, blood work normal, gave me paxil cr. (didn't take) and now lexapro and allegra (haven't taken)
I also have a medicene phobia. Hence the haven't taken anything...lol
I sure hope it is just the perimeno thing. I'd welcome that as opposed to other things I've read about.
any input would be great as all I do is sit on the pc in a hypochondria driven hysteria.
thanks all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2004, 08:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: how young is too young??

Quote:
Originally Posted by notevenok
I am 35 will be 36 in a few weeks, my periods have always been consistant and regular. Then all the sudden came too early then again within 21 days. freaked me out. had a tubal 10 years ago so sure not prego, believe me I'd know...lol
but I had these horrible near fainting episodes and then diarrhea and both docs say, blood work normal, gave me paxil cr. (didn't take) and now lexapro and allegra (haven't taken)
I also have a medicene phobia. Hence the haven't taken anything...lol
I sure hope it is just the perimeno thing. I'd welcome that as opposed to other things I've read about.
any input would be great as all I do is sit on the pc in a hypochondria driven hysteria.
thanks all!
It could be the onset of perimenopause with ovulation changes or could be thryoid. Have an entire blood work done including thyroid. Thyroid conditions also can give you panic attacks, anxiety or phobias.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2004, 08:33 PM   #3
(female)

fiveoffive HB User

ainfante, I did have blood work and thyroid and all were normal, I thought maybe my "aunt flow" issue was from extreme stress or panic but I swear the more I read about this the more i'm leaning toward the peri- issue. That shakey inside thing and Insomnia, I don't really feel depressed as the doctors like to say, I mean I do have a lot going on but I don't think it's anymore than anyone else or that it's all not worth it. sheesh I don't know, I read something and BAM! I have it. It's very frustrating. but thank you for replying. I have been reading this board like a feind for days now and It's helps a lot more than it scares..lol

Old 07-31-2004, 08:49 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

Perimenopause can start as early as 35 so that could be it. Keep reading and learn as much as you can. God Bless.
Jacq.

Old 08-01-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
(female)

ssborrow HB User

Reading your post, I feel like I could be reading my OWN post. I also have felt like a hypochondriac in my quest to find out what is wrong with me!(I also have a new found phobia for meds too)
I am the same age as you are, and I have almost ALL the symptoms for perimen. I asked my mother and she said she had the same symptoms at my age, but didn't go through actual menapause until 54! My mother-in-law, while not blood related, also remembers going through this around my age. I have had lots of blood tests, all normal, an abdominal ultrasound-normal, 2 ekg's-normal, ear tests-normal, head mri-normal, eye tests-normal, normal normal normal, but still I FEEL CRAPPY! It just HAS to be this. I have always been a laid back person, and I have no serious problems in my life (thank God), so there is no reason for this anxiety and all the other symptoms. I had a blood hormone test and it came back - you guessed it - normal. I have been assured on this board that having a normal level doesn't really mean you aren't in it though. SO I am going with this, and my dr. agrees it COULD be this. That's good enough for me at this point!

Old 08-02-2004, 04:19 PM   #6
(female)

fiveoffive HB User

I have this new thing going on with sweaty hands and feet YUK!!!!!! I have always been pretty normal but this is all getting to be too much and worrying is making it worse, I honestly WELCOME the peri thing as it would at least ease my mind to know for sure. I don't know when aunt flow will decide to come this month, That witch, messing with our minds !!! LOL
I feel kinda stupid going back to the doctor AGAIN and saying hey is it this now???but, hey I'm paying her, right?
well take care and let me know how you all are doing.
ah the joys of being female!!!

Closed Thread